Winter melon soup with dried shrimps is a simple and delicious home style of cooking. It involves cooking a delicate winter melon with tasty dried shrimps. It is very suitable for pregnant women. The winter melon is full of water and counteracts the summer heat. The dried shrimps are a good source of calcium for pregnant women.
300g winter melon, 15g dried shrimps, 2g chives
Seasonings: 15g cooked lard, 5g sesame oil, 4g salt, and 2g monosodium glutamate
Note: The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Clean the dried shrimps and soak them for 5 minutes with hot water. If there are any big ones, dice them into smaller pieces.
- Peel the winter melon and dice it into pieces.
- Clean and dice the chives into small pieces.
- Pour some water and the cooked lard into a pot. Boil the water.
- Add the winter melon, dried shrimps and salt into the pot. Boil them for about 8 minutes. Add and mix the chives and monosodium glutamate evenly. Pour the sesame oil into the pot.
- The winter melon soup with dried shrimps is ready. Serve it into a soup bowl.