How to Cook Winter Melon Soup with Pork Ribs
Winter melon soup with pork ribs tastes mild and delicious. It can reduce human body heat and quench thirst, and so is very suitable for eating in summer. This home cooking recipe is simple. Why not give it a try in the heat of summer?
500g pork ribs and 750g winter melon
Seasonings: 2 chives, a piece of mature ginger, 20 Sichuan peppers yellow rice wine and salt
Note: The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Clean and cut the pork ribs into chunks.
- Peel the winter melon and dice into 1-cm pieces.
- Clean and dice the mature ginger.
- Clean and tie the chives into a knot.
- Blanch the pork ribs for about two minutes and drain.
- Pour water into a stewpot and add the diced ginger, chive knots and Sichuan peppers. When the soup boils, add the pork ribs.
- When the soup boils again, add the salt and stew on low for about an hour and a half.
- Add the winter melon. Stew on medium for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the chives and spoon the soup into serving bowls. The soup is finished!
I updated this article on February 25, 2014
See all my travel articles
- Chinese Cooking Class
- Mapo Tofu
- Yangzhou Fried Rice
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Chow Mein
- Braised Eggplant
- Diced Chicken with Chili
- Noodles with Bean Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs
- Sautéed Shredded Pork with Sweet Bean Sauce
- Black Pepper Beef Fillet
- Fish-Flavored Shredded Pork
- Poached Sliced Beef in Hot Chili Oil
- Boiled Prawns
- Steamed Weever
- Steamed Egg Custard
- Congee with Mung Bean
- Winter Melon Soup with Pork Ribs
- Winter Melon Soup with Dried Shrimps
- Dry Fried String Beans
- Green Vegetables with Mushrooms
- Home Style Tofu
- Potato with a Vinegar Flavor
- Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes
- Pumpkin Pie
- Scrambled Eggs with Cucumber
- Pickled Cucumber
- Sautéed Sweet Corn with Pine Nuts
- Scrambled Eggs