Many dishes that are part of the daily life of Chinese people are easy to cook. Mapo Tofu, or for example, Egg Fried Rice take only minutes to cook.Others, such as Dumplings (Jiaozi) Stuffed with Leek and Pork, Saozi Noodles and Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs, take longer, but still consist of only a few simple steps. Many of the ingredients are readily available at local supermarkets, while others may require a trip to a Chinese/Asian supermarket or the use of a substitute. Hereare some easy DIY recipe ideas. Even if you are new to Chinese cooking, you can cook fine Chinese food by following the recipes.
Hand-pulled noodles, carrot, dried bean curd, pork, shallots, garlic, potatoes, green pepper, agarics, mature vinegar, salt, sugar, soy, oil and hot pepper powder. The seasonings: mature vinegar, salt, sugar, soy, oil and hot pepper powder, should be added according to your palate.
There are three main steps to make Saozi Noodles:
First, make hand-pulled noodles. Authentic Saozi Noodles are made of hand-pulled noodles, but it is too hard for people who have never been trained to pull dough into noodles. You can buy noodles at supermarkets.
Second, make the Saozi. This is the most important step.
Chop the pork, garlic and ginger and cut carrot, dried bean curd, shallot, garlic, ginger, potato, green pepper and agarics into small slices. Heat the pan, add some oil, and sauté the chopped pork while stirring continuously.
When the pork is medium rare, add the chopped ginger and the small pieces of carrot, dried bean curd, garlic, potato, green pepper and agarics, and then add a little salt and sugar. Continue to sauté the ingredients while stirring continuously.
When the chopped pork is medium to well-done, add some mature vinegar, and then some soy sauce. Continue to sauté the ingredients while stirring continuously.
When the chopped pork is well-done, add some hot pepper powder, and then add a little water and braise them for few minutes.
Now, the Saozi is well done and ready for the last step.
Make the soup.
Clean the pan and add some oil. After the oil has been heated, add some mature vinegar and some salt and water (not too much). After that put the Saozi into it and boil the soup. Meanwhile, cook noodles in another saucepan; after the noodles are cooked, drain the noodles. When the soup is boiled, add some hot pepper powder and small pieces of shallot, and then the soup is done.
Pour the soup on the noodles and mix them well. The Saozi Noodle is done and you can enjoy it.
Minced beef/pork (65g); Minced onion (4g); Chili oil (10g); Lobster sauce (10g); Sichuan pepper corn; Garlic; Soy sauce; Tofu (200g); Chili powder; Chicken soup (130g); Caltrop starch; Yellow wine.
1. Chop every slab of tofu into three slanting pieces, and then cook them in boiling water in order to whip off the smell of plaster and drain the water inside tofu.
2. Heat the pan with pig fat, and then stir-fly minced beef with broad bean paste.
3. Put in pepper powder, soy sauce, lobster sauce, chili oil, yellow wine, salt, minced onion, stir-fry it until the flavors of the ingredients are totally absorbed.
4. Put in tofu and 100g chicken soup, and turn down the heat to cook the soup into thick juice.
5. When it is almost ready, put in caltrop starch, minced onion, Sichuan pepper corn and gourmet powder.
Spare Ribs (500g); Flour (60g); Shaoxing Rice Wine (60g); Soy Sauce (50g); Sugar (90g); Vinegar (80g); Some onion, Potato starch and fragrant oil.
1. Chop the Spare Ribs into pieces of about 1 inch long, and then Mix the steak pieces thoroughly with 20 gram wine and a right amount of salt, potato starch, flour, and water.
2. Mix soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and 35 gram Shaoxing wine, potato starch and water together, and make then into juice for later use.
3. Heat the pan with oil, then put in spare ribs piece by piece, fry them until they become crispy, and pick them.
4. Leave some hot oil in the pan, and put in some onion to fry a few seconds, and put in the ribs, then immediately put in the juice made before. Stir-fry them until the fragrance is fully absorbed. Then put in some balm before it is well-done.
Half bowl of cooked rice, one egg, 1/3 of a carrot, 1/3 of a potato, two small mushrooms, one piece of dried tofu, some minced meat and thick soup
1. Chop the carrot, potato, mushrooms, and dried tofu into small pieces.
2. Beat the egg well, and mix in a right amount of salt and gourmet powder.
3. Heat the pan with oil, and then put in the minced meat, wine, and soy sauce to stir-fry. Take it out when it’s ready.
4. Heat the pan with oil again, stir-fry the egg and smash it, then take it out.
5. Heat the pan with oil, stir-fry the carrot, potato, dried tofu, and mushroom for a little while, and put in some salt and gourmet powder. And then put in the cooked rice, minced meat and egg, pour in some thick soup, braised it for two minutes until it is well-done.