Learning Chinese - Weather in Chinese
Although weather is not a hot topic when people chatting or greeting each other, it is useful to learn some simple words about weather which will do good to your travel in China. more Chinese Lesson
Frequently used words and sentences
Lesson 04: Expressing Time
Time is very important when you travel in China. Learn some simple Chinese words will benefit a lot during your tour in China.
Useful Chinese Phrasebook
Some useful words and sentences people usually to use in their trip, that can be pronounced by the phonetic English. more Chinese Phrasebook
Listen to the Chinese Phrase Book in MP3 Format
Download the Chinese Phrase Book
Chinese Calligraphy Experiences
- By joining our Beijing Tours, Xi'an Tours or Guilin Tours, visitors can add Chinese calligraphy classes to the itinerary at very favorable prices.
- Most comprehensive museums in China have calligraphy collections. See our Museums Tours.
- For travelers who are interested in the history, evolution and cultural relics of Chinese calligraphy, Museum of Chinese Characters in Anyang City, Henan Province is a good choice. The Stele Forest Museum in Xi'an City houses many works of noted ancient calligraphers as well as precious stone sculptures.
- Contact us for a tailor-made tour.
FAQs About Learning Chinese
- How many people use Chinese?
Chinese is used by approximately 1.3 billion people around the world, that is almost one sixth of the world’s population.
- Is it difficult to learn Chinese?
Learning Chinese, like learning any other foreign languages, always poses a challenge for non-native speakers. It is important to practice on a regular basis, ideally spend some time on it every day or every week.
- How many Chinese characters do I need to know?
By mastering 3000-4000 frequently used characters is enough to cover daily conversations and readings.