There are two mosques in Shenyang, the South Mosque and the East Mosque. There are closely located, and the south is bigger than the east. The Shenyang South Mosque was first built during 1627-1636. The overall design of the the Masque is Chinese ancient temple style. The temple covers an area of 6,117 square meters with a constructed area of 1,706 square meters. It is a three-entrance quadrangle courtyard. The prayer hall is in the center of the temple. The other major constructions are moon building, kiln hall, teaching room, and classic-learning room. The prayer hall covers an area of 415 square meters. The moon building, occupying an area of 22.5 square meters, is closed to the hall. It is 30 meters high. The south and north of the courtyard are the teaching room.
Address: Xiaoxi Road, Shenhe District, Shenyang (沈阳沈河区小西路)
The Shenyang East Mosque was first built in the 8th year (1803) of Jiaqing, Qing Dynasty(1644-1911) and was rebuilt for many times. The existing temple covers an area of 2,500 square meters with a constructed area of 1,900 square meters.
The temple is located in the west and opposite to the east. The major constructions are the main hall, moon building, teaching room, Xuanli building, bath house, funeral room and other facilities. The temple has a long history and is well-preserved. Now the temple is the Islam Koran learning school.
Address: 2 Dongsi Lane, Shifu Road, Shenhe District, Shenyang (沈阳沈河区市府大路东寺巷２号)