Tianjin Great Mosque was first built in Ming Dynasty(1368-1644) and was rebuilt and enlarged for many times in Qing Dynasty(1644-1911). The temple covers 5,000 square meters with a constructed area of 2,200 square meters.
The constructions in the temple are ancient architecture. The prayer hall covers an area of 890 square meters and can hold over 1,000 people to do prayer. In the sides of the prayer hall are a pair halls. In the south and north of the hall are the teaching rooms and side rooms. The back of the prayer hall are five pavilions, which stand in a line. The temple still keeps 130 volumes of lection books, including two pocket edition Korans.
Address:Qingzhen Lane, Zhenbu Street, Hongqiao District, Tianjin (天津市红桥区针布街清真巷)
Tianjin South Mosque was first built in the 4th year (1854) of Xianfeng, Qing Dynasty(1644-1911) and has a history for over 150 year. It was rebuilt for many times. The existing temple covers an area of 1,600 square meters with a constructed area of 1,000 square meters. The major constructions are the prayer hall, moon building, teaching room, bath house and other facilities. On the roof of the prayer hall are three Arabic-style moon building. In the south and north of the hall are teaching room and bath house. There is a female temple near the South Mosque.
Address:South of Tianmu Village, Beichen District, Tianjin (天津北辰区天穆村南端)