The Urumqi South Mosque was first built in 1919 and rebuilt for three times. The existing temple covers a constructed area of 464 square meters. The prayer hall is consisted by the outer hall and the inner hall. The inner hall can hold 300 people to do prayer and the outer hall can hold 500 people. In addition local Muslim people, many other Muslim people also come to the South Mosque to do prayer.
Address:Erdaoqiao, South Jifang Road, Urumqi , Xinjiang (新疆乌鲁木齐市解放南路二道桥)
The Urumqi Salar Mosque was first built in 1865. The existing temple was rebuilt in 1865. The constructed area is 488 square meters. The major constructions are prayer hall, teaching rooms, water house and other facilities.
Address:South Heping Road, Urumqi , Xinjiang (新疆乌鲁木齐市和平南路)
The main hall is 10 meters high. It is the Chinese palace-style architecture. The ground of the hall is carpeted with the wooden carpet which is exclusive to do prayer for Muslim people. In front of the hall is a spacious courtyard. There are hall houses around the yard except the west side. The north hall is the teaching room. The south hall is the bath house. The east hall is the imam office. In every important religious festival, the local and foreign Muslim people will get here to do prayer. The temple is the headquarter of the Islamic Association in Urumqi.
Address:Yonghezheng Lane, Heping Road, Urumqi, Xinjiang(新疆乌鲁木齐市和平路永和正巷)
Tata Er Mosque 塔塔尔寺
Tata Er Mosque is located the most end of Jiefang Road. The mosque features luxurious decorations. Unlike other mosques which do not allow woemn to entry, female visitors may be allowed to entry the mosque if they have asked permission before entry.
Han Teng Ge Li Mosque 汗腾格里
Han Teng Ge Li Mosque is located close to the South Square. It is famous for the unique style and elegant design.
Qinghai Great Mosque 青海大寺
Qinghai Great Mosque is located at the crossroad of Qinghai Great Mosque alley and Heping South Road. Its prayer hall can hol 500 people.
Hezhou Mosque 河州清真大寺
Hezhou Mosque is located in the east side of middle section of Jianzhong Road,