Tsedang, the administrative center of Shannan Prefecture, is the birthplace of Tibetan culture. Historical relics and sites are scattered here and there in the area. Attractions in Tsetang are centered on old Tibetan culture such as temples and monastery. Samye Monastery and Yumbulagang Palace is the two most popular sights in Tsetang. See China Highlights' tour to combine with Lhasa and Tsetang.
Questions and Answers About Tsetang Attractions
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Chinese Name: 泽当
- Chinese Pinyin: zé dāng
- English Name: Tsetang
- Province: Tibet
- Location: Southwest of China
- Latitude: 29°02' N
- Longitude: 91°41' E
- Area: 7,000 sq. km. (2,702 sq. mi.)
- Time Zone: (UTC+8)
- Area Code: 0893
- Population: 15,200