Turpan attractions consist of desert scenery, including the third lowest point on the earth’s surface near Ayding Lake, and sites related to the ancient architecture and life of the mostly Muslim people there. The Jiaohe Ruin and Gaochang Ruins, along with the Karez Irrigation System provide insights into the ingenuity of ancient desert life.
Turpan is famous for its grapes and raisins, so Grape Valley should be visited. There are also the Thousand Buddha Caves marking the route of Buddhism’s entry to China along the Silk Road. Our Turpan tours put the attractions here together in a manageable format and link Turpan with other China destinations.
Questions and Answers About Turpan Attractions
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Chinese Name: 吐鲁番
- Chinese Pinyin:t ǔ lǔ fān
- English Name: Turpan
- Location: Northwest of China
- Latitude: 42° 91' N
- Longitude: 89° 19' E
- Area: 69,713 sq. km. (26,916 sq. mi.)
- Time Zone : (UTC+8)
- Area Code: 0995
- Population: 610,000