Urumqi attractions range from the snow-capped mountainous surrounding Heavenly Lake, through mountain pastures, to Butterfly Valley and the Huocheng Lavender Planting Base; from the prehistoric to Silk Road history in Urumqi’s museums, and from parks to markets and bazaars in the city.
See the highlights of the largest city in Central Asia and the most inland city in the world with our Urumqi tours. See how the Attractions of Urumqi can be combined with others in Xinjiang Region and the rest of China. Nine tourist spots are listed below, but others can be included in a tailor-made Urumqi tour.
Questions and Answers About Urumqi Attractions
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Urumqi Things to Do
- Chinese Name: 乌鲁木齐
- Chinese Pinyin: wū lǔ mù qí
- English Name: Urumqi
- Location: Northwest China
- Latitude: 43° 77′ N
- Longitude : 87° 68' E
- Area: 14,000 sq. km. (5,450 sq. mi.)
- Time Zone : (UTC+8)
- Area Code: 0991
- Population: 2.33 million