Xi'an Muslim Restaurants
1. Silk Road Restaurant
Famous for its specialty, stewed tender mutton with naan, this restaurant mainly serves fresh halal food, a little fatty but not greasy.
Besides tasty dishes, the restaurant is also well-known for the views. Sitting by the windows on the second floor, you can see Tang Dynasty style wooden buildings decorated by cornice brackets, carved beams, and painted rafters.
Owing to its location, it is very convenient to dine here after visiting the Big Wild Goose Pagoda , a famous scenic spot in Xi’an.
- Chinese name: 丝路餐厅 Silu Canting
- Average price per person: 43 yuan
- Address: 24 to 28 Datang Yitong Lane, Wei’er East Street, Yanta District （雁塔区纬二街东段大唐通易坊24-28号）
- Tel: 029-85263599
- Transportation: Take bus 26, 27, 408, 503, 527, 710, 720, 722, or Ping’an Special Line, and get off at Yanta West Road (雁塔西路).
2. Mukamu Muslim Restaurant
The restaurant is in a beautiful and fresh environment, near the Yongyang Park, where you can see lotuses blossoming. The restaurant is known for the performances by people from Xinjiang.
The prices here are reasonable, the portions are quite generous, and food is of good quality. Its specialties are: naan bread, Xinjiang rice, and braised chicken with potatoes and green peppers.
- Chinese name: 木卡姆新疆饭店 Mukamu Xinjiang Fandian
- Average price per person: 42 yuan
- Address: Floor 1, No.3 Building, Zhangba Road, Yanta District (雁塔区丈八路3号楼1层)
- Tel: 029-8858 0660
- Transportation: Take bus 261, 324, 411, or 710, and get off at Physical Training Center (体育训练中心).
3. Xinjiang Restaurant
They say good food needs no advertising, proved by Xinjiang Restaurant. Although at an inconspicuous spot, inside the Xinjiang District, the food is still known to many people.
All the food, such as the barbecued lamb shashlik, flavorful braised chicken with potatoes and green peppers, and tasty Xinjiang rice; and decorations in Xinjiang style, show authentic Xinjiang lifestyle.
- Chinese name: 新疆饭店 Xinjiang Fandian
- Average price per person: 50 yuan
- Address: Xinjiang District, 3 Red Cross Lane, Xincheng District （新城区红十字会巷3号新疆办事处）
- Tel: 029-8768 1666, 8768 1667
- Transportation: Take bus 16, 251, 502, 601, 619, 702, 706, or k46, and get off at Xincheng Road (新城路).
Different from other Muslim restaurants, which mainly serve halal food in Chinese style, food here is Moroccan style.
Famous dishes include couscous and döner kebab, and for drink, mint tea. Besides its exquisite Middle Eastern style food, the colorful decorations and geometric pattern design of the restaurant form an exotic atmosphere.
The most unique feature is washing of hands with rose petals, in accordance with the cleanliness doctrine of Islam.
- Chinese Name: 摩洛哥清真餐厅 Moluoge Qingzhen Canting
- Average price per person: 180 yuan
- Address: Yagao People’s Mansion, 323 Dongxin Street, Xincheng District (新城区东新街323号雅高人民大厦)
- Tel: 029-8792 8888
- Transportation: Take bus 4, 15, 16, 32, 46, 251, 502, 601, 603, or 702, and get off at Xincheng Square (新城广场).
The Mi Family Kitchen
Unlike other similar restaurants, the The Mi Family Kitchen restaurant serves home cooking rather than restaurant style food.
Therefore, the main specialties are snacks, like braised beef with soy sauce (酱牛肉), braised chicken feet (卤鸡爪), and various cold dishes (凉菜). The stewed dishes are also tasty and fresh.
As the restaurant is in a home, the atmosphere is homely, quiet, and easygoing; you can watch TV, access Wi-Fi, or play cards with your friends before dishes are served.
- Chinese Name: 米家小厨 Mijia Xiaochu
- Average price per person: 32 yuan
- Address: Room 902, Xilan Residential Area A, 212 North Laodong Road, Lianhu District (莲湖区劳动路北段212号西缆小区A座202室)
- Tel: 18220535948, 1809233332
- Transportation: Take bus 12, 24, 45, 102, 118,222, 303, 310,504, 624, 703, or 6006.
- Xi'an Things to Do
- Top Things to Do
- Free Things to Do
- How to Plan a Tour