Xi'an Vegetarian Restaurants
Tianlong Baoyan Vegetarian Restaurant Ci’en West Road Branch
The dishes are mainly made of bean products. There are purely vegetarian dishes and meat-like dishes which are vivid in appearance and delicious in taste. The environment is elegant and quiet; very suitable for calming your soul. Most of the dishes have a sweet and sour flavor. The manager and waiters are very enthusiastic and are praised by a lot of the customers. They are likely to ask for advice from the customers so as to improve the quality of the taste of the food and that of their service.
Chinese name: 天龙宝严素食馆 (慈恩西路店) Tianlong Baoyan Sushi Guan Ci’en Xilu Dian
Recommended dishes: braised “pork” in soy sauce (红烧肉, potatoes and bean products with a pork taste), stewed crispy “meat” and mushrooms (酥肉烩菌王, gluten and bean products with a meat taste), “fish” fillets in hot chili oil (水煮鱼, dried tofu skin and fungus with a fish taste), crispy “meat” (小酥肉, fried mushrooms with a meat taste), Fo Tiao Qiang (佛跳墙, stewed dates and white fungus), honey and osmanthus cold cake (蜂蜜桂花凉糕), steamed “meat” (粉蒸肉, steamed bean curd and rice flour with a meat taste), dough twist “chicken” (麻花鸡, fried dried bean curd with a spicy taste)
- Average price per person: 52 yuan
- Opening hours: 10am – 10pm
- Address: 1 Ci’en West Road, Yanta District (雁塔区慈恩西路), near to Cuihua Road (翠华路)
- Tel: 029-85266880, 029-85267880
- Take Bus 21, 22, 23, 24, 237, 242, 500 or 619 and get off at the west side of the Big Wild Goose Pagoda South Square (大雁塔南广场西)
Daxingshan Temple Baoyan Vegetarian Restaurant
It is located beside a temple where you can experience the special local culture. Sometimes monks come here for dinner. The furniture and lights are of an old-fashioned style and the environment is clean and comfortable. The meat-like dishes are so similar to the original meat dishes that the customers almost believe that they really are eating the meat version. A great many customers feel satisfied with and surprised by the dishes.
Chinese name: 大兴善寺素香斋 Daxingshan Si Shuxiang Zhai
Recommended dishes: sizzling vegetables wrapped in vermicelli (铁板粉丝包菜), handmade vegetable dish in a sauce (随缘手拌菜), stewed crispy “meat” and mushrooms (酥肉烩菌王, gluten and bean products with a meat taste), sizzling “beef steak” (铁板牛牌, fried bean curd with a beef taste), celery “sausage” (西芹腊味, gluten skin with a sausage taste), “fish” fillets in hot chili oil (水煮鱼, dried tofu skin and fungus with a fish taste)
- Average price per person: 33 yuan
- Opening hours: 10.30am – 2pm, 4.30 – 9pm
- Address: Daxingshan Temple, 55 Xingshan West Street, Yanta District (雁塔区兴善西街55号大兴善寺内)
- Tel: 029-85361181
- Transportation: Take Bus 5, 12, 14, 26, 30, 34, 36, 215, 229, 323, 716, 722, K600 or K618 and get off at Xiaozhai station (小寨站)
Banzhou Vegetarian Restaurant
It is well known for its good environment, delicious vegetarian food and considerate service. It is a great place for relaxation and having meals. The quiet environment makes you feel as though you are at the temple. The taste of the dishes is unique and unforgettable which appeals to a lot of regular customers. A good many customers say that the dishes become more and more delicious. There are also new dishes which are brought out gradually. What’s more, it is convenient for car parking.
Chinese name: 般舟素食坊 Banzhou Sushi Fang
Recommended dishes: fried green beans and eggplant (豆角茄子), jackfruit in a sauce (菠萝蜜), dry fried green beans (干煸豆角), vegetarian “pork ribs” (素排骨, bean products with a pork taste), almond tofu pudding (杏仁豆花)
- Average price per person: 49 yuan
- Opening hours: 9.30am – 10pm
- Address: 1-2, A6 Area, Great Tang All Day Mall, 6 Huantan South Road, Eastern Part, Yanta District (雁塔区环塔南路东段6号大雁塔南广场大唐不夜城A6区1-2号), near to the Bank of China (中国银行)
- Tel: 029-85578117, 13759923488
- Transportation: Take Bus 5, 19, 30, 34, 41, 400, K606 or 610 and get off at South Square (南广场)
Vegetarian and Fragrant Dishes
It is a real vegetarian catering enterprise which strictly follows the standards of temple vegetarian dishes by not including green onions, garlic, leeks and various animal oils or spices. There are wild vegetable ingredients which are very healthy and the dishes are very delicious. The environment is quiet with a Buddhist sensation which makes you feel very comfortable. You can read books or surf the internet while you are waiting for your meal or drinking your afternoon tea.
Chinese name: 素食香膳 Sushi Xiangshan
Recommended dishes: stuffed pillow eggplant (鱼香茄盒), Lian Chi Shuang Zhen (莲池双珍, fried mashed taro and tomato), mashed taro with tomato (芋泥藏珍), fried banana with flour (肉桂香蕉), Chan Ji (禅机, fried mushroom balls with vegetables), vegetarian “seafood” with spiced salt (椒盐素鲜, mushroom and rice flour with a seafood taste), pine “fish” (松树鱼, bean products with the appearance and taste of fish), Cure-all tonic soup (十全大补, stewed with dates, mushrooms, wolfberries and others), spicy smoked “fish” (五香熏鱼, fried eggplant with a spicy sauce), Le Bu Si Shu (乐不思蜀, stewed tofu soup), Yi Pin Dong Er (一品东茸, white fungus and wolfberry soup)
- Average price per person: 31 yuan
- Opening hours: 8am – 10pm
- Address: 2 Dianzi Four Road, East Exit, Yanta District (雁塔区电子四路东口2号), near to Beishan Gate (北山门)
- Tel: 13909272033
- 1.Take Bus K5, K205, 225, 312 or 706 and get off at Beimenshan station (北门山)
- 2.Take Bus 716 and get off at Dianzi Four Road (电子四路)
- 3.Take Bus K5, 32, 205, 210, 212, 219, 225, 312, 706, 716, 905, 908, 921, 922 or 928 and get off at Dianzi Two Road (电子二路)
Suxinming Vegetarian Restaurant
The environment is plain and elegant. You can hear the sound of Buddhist music and smell the light sandalwood which can make you feel quiet and peaceful. The waiters and waitresses are specially dressed and are very considerate. The dishes are cooked delicately and are attractive which is strongly praised by the customers. The meat-like dishes made of vegetarian ingredients are quite vivid and alike in appearance and taste. It is the perfect place for a business dinner, a family gathering and for a date.
Chinese name: 素心铭 Su Xin Ming
Recommended dishes: fried mushroom with gluten (香菇面筋), fried nuts and cucumber (果仁煎青瓜), walnut cookie (核桃酥), fried cucumber with cashew nuts (青瓜腰果), round roasted bread (锅盔)
- Average price per person: 53 yuan
- Opening hours: 10am – 11pm
- Address: Zone A, Crap Myrtle Garden City, Boshi Road, North Exit, Yanta District (雁塔区博士路北口紫薇田园都市A区), opposite Tianliang Sunshine (田亮阳光)
- Tel: 029-88175988, 029-88170101
- 1.Take Bus 608 (inter-zone vehicle) and get off at Boshi Road, north exit
- 2.Take Bus 4-18 (one-way lane) and get off at Fucun Garden (付村花园). It is about 300 meters away.
Eight Fairies Regimen Vegetarian Restaurant
The main feature of this restaurant is the unique environment in which it is located - in the woods - where you can see the colorful flowers and plants and hear the birds singing. When tasting the delicious food, you can also have a chance to get closer to nature. Therefore, the environment is evoking and contextual. The dishes mainly have a light taste and are cooked delicately. The meat-like dishes look so real both in appearance and taste that the customers almost believe that they really are eating meat dishes. The prices are reasonable. A great many customers like going here and enjoy the quiet and comfortable atmosphere.
Chinese name: 八仙养生斋 Baxian Yangsheng Zhai
Recommended dishes: Yin Yang Shuang He (阴阳双和, cold white and black fungus with mustard sauce), “Eight Fairies Regimen” soup (八仙养生煲, various kinds of stewed mushrooms and fungi), green bamboo shoots in a sauce (凉拌青笋), stewed tea tree mushrooms and dry bean curd (茶树菇相干), dry fried shredded “intestines” (干煸金钱肚, bean curd and gluten with a meat taste), Kirin Dragon “fish” (麒麟龙鱼, bean products with the appearance and taste of fish)
- Average price per person: 42 yuan
- Opening hours: 8:30am – 9pm
- Address: Eight Fairies Temple, Beihuo Alley, Beilin District (碑林区北火巷八仙庵)
- Tel: 029-82491723
- Transportation: Take Bus 8, 27, 37, 102, 602, 604, 704, 714, 715, 903, K43, K203 or K630 and get off at the chicken market (鸡市), then walk to the Eight Fairies Temple.
God Cabinet Vegetarian Restaurant
The environment is good in the restaurant which stays quiet even though it’s in a noisy neighborhood. It is well-known for the Buddhist tea and vegetarian dishes. The waiters and waitresses are considerate, enthusiastic and professional, and they can make tea on the spot for you.
Chinese name: 神阁素斋 Shenge Suzhai
Recommended dishes: Buddhist tea (斋茶), Guanyin wet tea (湿茶观音), fried vegetables (炒时蔬)
- Average price per person: 50 yuan
- Opening hours: 8:30am – 9pm
- Address: 55 Defu Alley, Beilin District (碑林区德福巷55号), near to Fen Alley (粉巷)
- Tel: 029-87257322
- 1.Take Bus 603 and get off at Nanmen station (南门站)
- 2.Take Bus 706 and get off at Fen Alley station (粉巷)
Questions and Answers About Xi'an Vegetarian Restaurants
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Xi'an Things to Do
- Top Things to Do
- Free Things to Do
- Things to do with Kids
- How to Plan a Tour