Xi'an Travel Tips
Useful Phone Numbers
- Area Code: 029
- Fire Emergency: 119
- Police: 110
Since Xi'an tourism is quite developed, besides in the foreign currency exchange office of the hotels above four-star level, visitors can exchange foreign currency in four major streets where ATM machines and business centers of the major banks are distributed, especially in East Street, South Street and the Small Stronghold. The Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and Construction Bank of China establish many of them.
- Bank of China, Xi'an Branch, Gaoxin Road Subbranch, Gaoxin Road.
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Shanxi Branch, No.84, Dongxin Street.
- China Agricultural Bank, Xi'an Branch, Xing'an Road Subbranch, No.90, Xingqing Road.
Festivals & Events
- The China International Tourist Cliff-Climbing Festival on Mount Huashan.
Place: In Huayang County
Activities: Cliff-Climbing competitions, visit to Mount Huashan and an exhibition of historical relics as well as economic and trade negotiations.
- The Xi'an Ancient Cultural Festival
Time: Every September
Place: Xi'an City
Activities: Display of the folk arts and royal court fireworks, variety show, and exhibition of rare historical relics and the realm of art and literature at the ancient City Wall.
- The Chang'an International Annual Calligraphy Meeting
Time: November (once every two years).
Place: Xi'an City.
Activities: Inscription writing at the Wild Goose Pagodas, a gathering of calligraphers, visiting calligraphically works by famous figures of the past dynasties, the Forest of Stone Tablets, and exhibition and auction of art works.
I updated this article on August 22, 2013
See all my travel articles
- Xi'an Things to Do
- Top Things to Do
- Free Things to Do
- Things to do with Kids
- How to Plan a Tour