Xining Weather in January
January in Xining is cold and freezing. The lowest temperature drops to –14 °C (10.4 °F) and the highest is about 1 °C (33.8 °F) during the day. The lowest average temperature is –15 °C (5 °F) at night. Despite the cold, it is sunny on most occasions, cloudy sometimes, and frequently snows.
An overcoat and thick trousers are needed to avoid catching a cold if you stay outdoors for a long time.
Chinese New Year often comes in late January or early February. This time of the year may be the best to experience authentic Chinese culture. January marks the peak travel season of the year so consider avoiding travel during this time, as train and flight tickets are difficult to book. Consult our website and let us help you design your own tour to Xining. Also see our Chinese New Year Travel Guide.
Xining Climate Information by Month
- Xining Weather in January
- Xining Weather in February
- Xining Weather in March
- Xining Weather in April
- Xining Weather in May
- Xining Weather in June
- Xining Weather in July
- Xining Weather in August
- Xining Weather in September
- Xining Weather in October
- Xining Weather in November
- Xining Weather in December
Questions and Answers About Xining Weather in January
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.