The local specialties include bamboo rice, fragrant bamboo glutinous rice, roasted fish, and fried cowhide. The area near the new bridge, called Jinshatan in jinghong city, is clustered with food stalls. When the veil of night descends, it is wrapped in the tasty fragrances of a wide variety of enticing food choices.
Mianli Cold Drink Shop
It mainly serves sweetmeats, and the most popular two sweetmeats are Pa Lu Da (帕露达) and Shui Yin Ye (睡印椰, coconut juice with milk fragrant served with rusk soaking in it). Stir-fried rice with beef and sauerkraut (酸菜牛肉炒饭) tastes nice.
- Chinese name: 缅丽冷饮店 Mianli Lengyin Dian /myen-lee lnng-in dyen/
- Average price per person: 11 yuan
- Opening hours: 11am?–10pm
- Address: C93-94 Shawan International Business Square, Donglu Pedestrian Street (东鹿步行街莎湾国际商业广场C93-94号)
- Tel: 0691-2130350, 8981 886
Cai Chun Qing Thai Food
Cai Chun Qing Thai Food mainly serves Thailand style food, and the price there is affordable. It is very popular in Jinghong City, and the most recommended food is Thai soymilk (泰国豆奶) and chicken pants a meal (鸡油饭, very popular rice in Southeast Asian countries mainly cooked with chicken oil and rice).
- Chinese name: 财春青 Cai Chun Qing /ceye t∫wnn qing/
- Average price per person: 34 yuan
- Address: 193 Jing Man Lan, Manting Road (曼听路茎曼兰193号)
- Tel: 0691-2161758
Manting Xiaozhai is a snack street. Barbecue is the highlights there, and Zutong Fan (竹筒饭, rice cooked in bamboo), roast fish (香茅草烤鱼), roast pig brain wrapped in banana leaves (芭蕉叶烤猪脑) and pineapple rice (菠萝饭) are highly recommended by customers having being there.
- Chinese name:曼听小寨 Manting Xiaozhai /man-ting sshaoww-zheye/
- Average price per person: 48 yuan
- Address: Near Manting Park (曼听公园)
Questions and Answers About Xishuangbanna Dining
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on May 11, 2012
See all my travel articles