Shuanglin Iron Tower
Shuanglin Iron Tower was built during Post Zhou Dynasty (952) by Zhu Hongji in the Shuanglin Temple at the foot of Yunhuang Mountain. Previously, there are two 5-layer octagonal iron towers in pavilion-style, one of which was destroyed in a war. The one reserved has only retained two layers, about 2.15 meters high and surrounded by octahedral iron fences. On the tower body cast some vivid wildlife, Buddhist figures, flowers, water wave and other patterns. Except of the corrosion in some parts, the whole surface is still shiny black.
Shuanglin Tower is the only iron tower in Zhejiang province, with a high casting technique.
- Location: The tower is located in the Shuanglin Temple at the foot of Yunhuang Mountain.
- Specialties: It is the earliest iron tower reserved at home.
Questions and Answers About Shuanglin Iron Tower
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on April 17, 2012
See all my travel articles