Yunnan Travel Tips
Yunnan Travel Info
Respect local customs and traditions. Many inhabitants of Yunnan are minority peoples with a wide variety of beliefs and traditional rules. In order to respect the tradition and custom of local people, please remenber the customs listed below:
- Do not enter the room of a pregnant woman.
- Foreign pregnant women are not allowed to enter a bridal chamber, and cannot attend a wedding ceremony.
- Do not walk over or stand astride the fire pit when visiting a Yi nationality' family.
- Do not eat horse, mule or dog meat.
- Do not touch the cattle bones that are hung up in a Jingpo village.
- Do not touch the head of a little monk.
- Do not stand on the threshold when visiting a Tibetan family.
- Do not enter the bedroom of the host.
- Take off your shoes when visiting temples or Dai nationality bamboo buildings.
- Wearing short trousers is regarded as a sign of disrespect in Tibetan areas.