The closest airport to Zunyi is Guiyang Longdongbao Airport. It is about 160 kilometers from Zunyi and is the closest airport to it. You can take the airport shuttle to the central district of Guiyang, and then transfer to a bus to Zunyi. The bus trip from Guiyang to Zunyi takes about two hours. You can also take a train from Guiyang to Zunyi. The trip takes about three or four hours. There are 12 trains per day. The ticket price for a hard seat is 24 yuan.
You can also fly to Chongqing Jiangbei Airport and then take the express bus to Zunyi. The 215 kilometer trip takes about three hours. The buses depart every 30 minutes from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. The ticket price is 114 yuan.
Zunyi is an important city in northern Guizhou and is one of the area's transportation hubs. The Sichuan-Guizhou railway runs through it, so travel there is convenient. You can go to Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Beihai, Kunming, Chengdu and Chongqing from Zunyi. From Guangzhou, you can take the bullet train to the Hong Kong border for about 75 or 85 RMB. If you wish to go to other cities, you can go to Guiyang first for 15 RMB and then transfer. The Zunyi Railway Station is in the northern part of the city at the end of Beijing Road. It takes 10 minutes to get there by bus from the city center.
During the daytime, the starting fare for taxis in Zunyi is five yuan for three kilometers. It costs about five RMB to travel around in the city center. The starting fare is 10 yuan at night. Motorized tricycles are popular in the counties and towns of Zunyi. You might want to try taking a motorized tricycle for 1 or 2 RMB.
The national highways 210 and 326 intersect in Zunyi. The Guiyang - Zunyi Freeway connects Guiyang and Zunyi. The distance is about 145 kilometers, and travel between the two cities takes about 2 hours by direct bus. There are express buses every 10 minutes. The ticket prices depend on the class of bus. The luxury buses charge 40 to 50 Yuan per person, and the mid-range buses charge 20 to 30 yuan per person. The Zunyi – Chongqing Freeway is still under construction. The main bus stations in Zunyi are as described below.
Zunyi Central Bus Station
- Address: It is close to the Zunyi Railway Station on Beijing Road.
- Destinations: There are buses to cities including Guiyang in the province; and there are buses to cities outside the province including Luzhou, Dongguan in Guangdong, Jinjiang, Kunming, Nanning and Wenzhou. The bus to Kunming stops at Anshun on the way, and the ticket price is around 70 Yuan.
- Hotline: 0852-8830542
Chuntian Bao Bus Station
This is a part of the Zunyi Bus Station.
- Address: Near the Zunyi Bus Station, about 300 meters from it.
- Destinations: The buses mainly go to cities east of Zunyi City, such as Meitan, Fenggang and Yuqing.
- Telephone: 0852-8858007
Zhongzhuang Bus Station (Originally Goujia Jing Coach Station)
- Location: It is next to the exit of a modern road called Guizun Road, about 10 kilometers from the central district. You go there on Bus No. 23 and 867 from the downtown.
Destinations: The buses go to cities to the south of Zunyi City including Renhuai, Yaxi and Jinsha.
Nanmen Guan Bus Station
- Location: In Zhoushui Qiao; several minutes from Dingzi Kou.
- Destinations: Changgou and Shenxi at intervals of half an hour.
- Telephone: 0852-8422380
Maocao Pu Bus Station
- Address: Maocao Pu Development Zone
- Destinations: The buses go to cities north of Zunyi including Chishui, Xishui, Gaoping, Banqiao, and Tongzi.
- Telephone: 0852-8623444