China Highlights Foreign Worker Recruitment
We are looking for conscientious and creative editors with an eye for detail, a passion for accuracy, and travel marketing ability. Those based in China/Asia or who have traveled a lot in this region are preferred. While improving the quality of English on our web pages for our readers, you can also learn about China and other Asian countries AND get paid for it.
1. Edit content for the Employer to the following standard:
- Make the English correct, understandable, clear, and more readable.
- Style: professional, but not over-formal, U.S. English.
- If you're not clear on what the meaning should be, or it seems factually questionable, attach an editing comment asking the author to check it out.
- Use tracked changes to record editing.
- Format per previous guidance.
2. Complete tasks by the deadline shown or else inform China Highlights.
3. Respond within 48 hours after receiving a task/message, or inform China Highlights in advance of unavailability.
4. If the work fails to meet China Highlights' requirements, China Highlights has the right to require the Employee to improve or redo the work at no extra cost.
1. Payment will be based upon the level of editing required, from proofreading to formatting, fact checking, and rewriting. Rates of pay are per word and designed to suit a foreigner working in Guilin.
2. China Highlights agrees to pay the agreed task amounts on a monthly basis in USD by PayPal (or as otherwise agreed). The sender's and receiver's PayPal fees will be paid by China Highlights. The cut off date for each monthly payment of approved submissions is usually the 10th of the month. Payment will usually be by the 16th of the month.
We will not share your details with third parties unless required to do so by Chinese law. See the China Highlights Privacy Statement.
To apply, please email your application to Gavin Van Hinsbergh (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please wait until the China travel industry and the COVID-19 situation improves substantially to apply.