Prepare to indulge yourself in the capital's most sensual environments with sumptuous saunas and mind bending massages. Whether for neck, back or feet these parlors cover visitors from head to toe with talented fingers, blind masseuses and warm scented oils, by hand or foot. Experience the pampering of the East whether you're a high roller or have a slightly lower budget, because Beijing's Best Saunas has got you covered.
1. Liangzi Massage & Gym
Dating back to 1999, Liangzi Massage & Gym is widely renowned among Beijingers for its traditional Chinese medical care and massage. Experience the comfort of massages, the culture of the traditional Chinese techniques and curative relaxation in this sanctuary of healing. It's lowest package is around $25 but for the more affluent it's VIP package is $195 per person and worth every dollar.
- Zhongguancun Branch 中关村店: 55 Kexueyuan Road South, Zhongguancun Village, Haidian District 海淀区中关村科学院南路55号
- Dongzhimen Branch 东直门店: 4 Dongzhimen South Street, Dongcheng District 东城区东直门南大街4号
2. I Spa (泰美好Spa会所)
Since 2005, I Spa has set itself to higher standards as the first Thai-style spa center to open in Beijing. Steeped in the traditions of Thailand its branches win over the hearts of every costumer who visits with its healthy concept of “Rediscovering Myself”. The seven branches in Beijing offer quality high-class spa treatments as well as unique Thai massages.
- Sanlitun Branch 三里屯店: 5th Floor, 2 Taiyue Heights Apartment Hotel, 16 Sanlitun Road South, Chaoyang District. 朝阳区南三里屯路16号泰悦豪庭2座5层
- Drum Tower Branch 鼓楼店: Ground Floor, Gehua New Century Hotel, 19 Drum Tower Street, Chaoyang District 朝阳区鼓楼外大街19号歌华开元大酒店1层. Take subway line 2 to the Drum Tower 鼓楼站.
- Summer Palace Branch 颐和园店: Xianghongqi Road, Qinglong Bridge, Haidian District, Beijing 海淀区青龙桥厢红旗路. Take subway line 10 to Haidian Huangzhuang West 海淀黄庄西站.
- 5-Day Beijing Family Tour
- 7-Day Beijing Winter Olympics Travel Package
- Beijing Traditional Food Tour
Find the essence of Beijing in Kocoon's uniquely cultural experience. Prepare for organic aurora therapy, massages from the talented fingers of medically trained masseuses and the voodoo love bath with a rose petal and milk pool of indulgence. Scrubs on the skin and mud facials are included as well in this all encompassing resort. Prices range from lows of $20 and peak at highs exceeding the $100 range.
- Nali Garden, 11 Sanlitun Road, Chaoyang District
An intrepid bodily experience that includes both Chinese and Japanese style massages, at dragonfly options are the name of their game: they offer blind masseuse, either male or female staff, medical, relaxing, or sensual messages and more. The options continue with their pricing, 118 RMB (below $20) per hour, $40 for an oil massage package and more depending on the size of the wallet.
- Ground Floor, Grand Summit Plaza, 19 Dongfang Donglu, 东三环燕莎桥东方东路19号外交中心一层
5. Oriental Taipan 东方大班
Oriental Taipan enjoys a great reputation among the youth and tourists alike for its high-class massage and gym experience. Visitors are offered an exercise for the body then a massage and spa treatments to loosen those muscles. Hourly rates begin at $20 an hour for the basics massages, other packages for the family can hit the $60 mark.
- Sanlitun Branch 三里屯店: 1 Xindong Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
- Lido Branch 丽都店: 2nd Floor, Building 9, Lido Square, Fangyuan Road West, Chaoyang District 朝阳区芳园西路丽都广场9号楼2层
6. Tianhe Parlor
Tianhe literally means rivers of heaven and accurately describes the feeling of the indulgent oil massages offered at this parlor. Warm oils of varied scents stream across the skin and the fingers of these masseuses provide the rhythm and current that seep into muscles and joints. Nowhere else and no one else does oil massages at this level of quality for under 200 Chinese Yuan but at Tianhe the costs are approximately $25 to $30 U.S. dependant on time and other details.
- Jinzhiqiao Dasha, 1A Jianguomenwai Dajie, Chaoyang District 朝阳区建外大街甲1号金之桥大厦
7. Green T House
Created by artist Zhang Jin, The Green T House has the capital's most fashionable interiors with decor to match. Half spa, half art house with a sprinkle of fine dining, this locale is specifically designed for the soul of the weary traveler. With a variety of different packages and options average costs will wind up around 200 RMB or $30, though cheaper and more expensive options are available.
- 6 Gongti West Road, Chaoyang District
Please note: Prices listed in this article are from 2014 and just for reference. They are subject to seasonal changes and business revaluation, so we advise checking the prices before budgeting for a spa/massage.
Our Customizable Tours Can Easily Be Spa-Supplemented
We could conveniently and easily add a massage (or two) to your tour or create your own trip. Book a Beijing tour with China Highlights and we can add a massage/spa at one of the above recommended centers.