Travel Tips for Student Travelers to Beijing
Vacations are precious time for students to travel around the world. Beijing is your first choice for vitality, history, and rich culture. Tours at all budgets can be carried out in Beijing. Call up your friends and family and have a great time in Beijing!
Before You Go
- Learn some simple Chinese phrases. Our Chinese Phrasebook gives you a big hand.
- Learn about the laws and customs.
- Give your parents the contact information of the hotel you are going to stay at.
- Pack all your valuables and travel documents in your carry-on bag.
- Find out information on the places you want to go to, including the address, ticket fee, and the transport. See Visiting Top Attractions by Subway in Beijing.
- Find flights with the most reasonable prices. China Highlights can help you book air tickets at big discounts.
- See our maps of Beijing major attractions and subway maps.
- Use our SIM card service and Wi-Fi service to make calls home and surf the net.
798 Art Zone
- Ancient and traditional Beijing: the Forbidden City, the Great Wall, the Summer Palace, the Temple of Heaven, Guozijian, the hutongs (Nanluogu Lane), top museums in Beijing, and Qianmen Street.
- Modern Beijing: Wangfujing Shopping Street, Sanlitun Village, 798 Art Zone, and the Birds's Nest and Water Cube.
- Natural/scenic attractions in Beijing: Beihai Park, Fragrant Hill, and Beijing Zoo.
See more Beijing attractions.
- Experience nightlife in Sanlitun Village and Houhai
- Hiking on the Great Wall
- Biking in the hutongs
- Shopping in Beijing's best shopping streets
- Skiing at top ski resorts in Beijing
- Learn Chinese cooking and calligraphy in the Hutongs
When to Go
Autumn is the best time to Beijing. Apart from the comfortable weather, the fall colors in and around the city are exceptionally charming.
In winter skiing, skating, ice festivals, temple fairs, and Chinese New Year are the highlights in Beijing. In winter air tickets and hotels are easier to book, and their discounts are much bigger.
During Your Trip
- Don't carry too much. If you need to exchange money please use banks. See our page on Chinese currency for information on foreign exchange.
- Never travel alone.
- Drink enough water, especially in the summer.