The Pacific Underwater World at CCTV Tower
- 80-meter long walk through underwater tube
- Various types of fish, sharks, and jellyfish in several tanks
- Combined visit to the tower’s observation deck
- Buffet lunch or dinner
The Pacific Underwater World (太平洋海底世界) is an aquarium and amusement and educational center that is part of the CCTV Tower complex in Beijing. It is a big center that aims to not only entertain with views of marine life and animals, but to educate people about the marine world and wildlife. It can be visited as part of a comprehensive tour including a buffet with seafood at the restaurant on the tall tower.
The CCTV Tower needle is one of the highlights of the Beijing skyline. It’s antenna makes it the tallest structure in Beijing at 405 meters (1,329 feet) tall, and it stands out over Yuyuantan Park in west-central Beijing. The large aquarium is at the base of the tower just to the south of it.
The aquarium has an clear plastic underwater observation tube that is 80 meters long so you can see the fish from below as you stand on the escalator and view the sights. It is like the observation tube at the larger Beijing Aquarium about four kilometers northeast that is next to the Beijing Zoo. Like that facility, this aquarium has various halls and attractions. It even has a cinema for marine educational videos.
You’ll be able to see a variety of species of fish ranging from big sharks to jellyfish. There are several aquariums and facilities. There are performing seals for entertainment and opportunities to take pictures of the animals. You can get clear pictures of the intricate structure of jellyfish for example.
- Under-sea tunnel-The 80 meter tunnel has an escalator that ferries people in the main tank. You can see coral, sea plants, and hundreds of fish of various species. Sometimes, divers enter and swim around with the sharks.
- The Canteen-Place to take a break and get refreshments.
- A multi-media classroom-A place to look up information about the creatures in the facility.
- The Touching Pool-This is a place to reach out and touch the various creatures in the room.
- Cinema-Watch the videos about the sea and marine life.
See the City and Have a Meal
The CCTV Tower has an observation deck at 238 meters (781 ft). You can see the city and go to the restaurant there. The restaurant below it at 221 meters rotates about one revolution every 80 or 90 minutes. So during a leisurely meal, you can see every direction. See the details about buffet tickets below.
Yuyuantan Park is a large park that is just to the east. It measures about 4.5 kilometers wide and features a lake and a water park.
The biggest aquarium in Beijing is called the Beijing Aquarium. It is 4 kilometers (2.5 miles) northeast. It has a main tank and a 120 meter underwater tunnel. It is next to the Beijing Zoo, and it is in the middle of a group of other nearby attractions including the Beijing Planetarium, the Purple Bamboo Park, and the Beijing Exhibition Center.
Let us help you visit the Beijing Aquarium and other notable sites on a personalized Beijing tour!Contact us.
- Admission fee: about 85 for adults and 55 for kids
Combined ticket to the tower restaurant buffet:
Lunch buffet: about 168 RMB with a complimentary tower visit
Buffet dinner: about 298 RMB with complimentary tower visit. They stop selling these combination tickets about 9 pm.
- Open hours: 9 to 5:30 (Monday to Thursday) and 8:30-11:00 pm (Friday to Sunday)
- Bus: 40, 323, 368, and 374; go to Hangtian Qiaonan and walk to the site.
- Subway: Take Subway Line 1, get off at Gongzhufen Station and take a taxi. The CCTV Tower is a kilometer north of the station across from the west gate of Yuyuantan Park.
- Address: at the bottom of the Central Radio and TV Tower, No. 90 Mid Xisanhuan Road.
- Taxi: Here is the address in Chinese for a driver. 北京市北京海淀区西三环中路太平洋海底世界, 中央广播电视塔