If you are on a tight schedule while in Beijing, take this day tour to see the three most-visited and most famous attractions in Beijing and China: Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Mutianyu Section of the Great Wall. A traditional Chinese lunch and a Traditional Chinese Medicine Pharmacy where you will get to learn some knowledge of TCM and enjoy a free foot massage are included.
- The top three must-see spots in Beijing: Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Great Wall
- Tian’anmen Square, the largest city square in the world
- The Forbidden City, the world’s largest and best-preserved imperial palace
- The Mutianyu Great Wall to savor its historic and natural charm
- A well-trained ‘local’ English-speaking tour guide
- A Traditional Chinese Medicine Pharmacy where you will get to learn some knowledge of TCM and enjoy a free foot massage
- An authentic traditional Chinese lunch
- A 22-seat air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Key Sights: Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City, Mutianyu Great Wall
Please Note: The Forbidden City is closed every Monday, except during public holidays.
After a complimentary pickup at your hotel at 06:30-07:00, you will head to your first stop on this full-day tour, Tian’anmen Square, which is at the center of Beijing. The square holds the Monument of the National Heroes, the Great Hall of the People, the National Museum of China, and the Mausoleum of Mao Zedong. Duration: 40 minutes.
Your next destination is the Forbidden City, the imperial palace of the Ming and Qing Dynasties with a history of over 5oo years. Located to the north of Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City remains intact and well preserved, and is considered one of the five most important palaces in the world. The Forbidden City is now an imperial palace museum that exhibits imperial treasures and collections from the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Duration: two hours.
After visiting the Forbidden City, shopping at a Jade Carving Factory for 45 minutes.The jade carving is very famous special local product, it was not only the excellent skill on carving, but also mixes many Chinese traditional cultures in the jade carving.
After lunch, visiting Mutianyu Great Wall about 2 hours. Mutianyu Great Wall is known for its beautiful surroundings - dense woods and rich pastures changing colors with the seasons of a year. If you want to reach the highest point, cable car is a good choice (optional).
Finally, you are returned to the downtown and will have a chance to enjoy the Chinese traditional medicine culture. Finishing the tour and transferred back to hotels around 5:00pm--6:00pm.
1. We offer complimentary pick up service from your hotel located within 3rd ring road in Beijing. If your hotel is not located within the 3nd ring road, your travel advisor will inform you of a nearest pick-up point for boarding the coach. You will need to go to the pick-up point by taxi or subway by yourself at your own expense.
|1 person||2-3 persons||4-5 persons||6-9 persons||> 10 persons|
- Entrance tickets
- Hotel Pick-up and drop-off
- Air-conditioned tour coach
- English Speaking tour guide
- Typical Chinese lunch
- Fee of cable car：RMB100 (single way); RMB120 (return)
- Shuttle bus fee：RMB15
- Tips to the guide and driver
- Own expense
Special Notes for a Seat-in-a-Coach Tour
A seat-in-a-coach tour minimizes costs because expenses are shared among a larger group.
Seat-in-a-coach tours are operated by local business partners of China Highlights around China. China Highlights chooses business partners by strict quality standards. The service of a seat-in-a-coach tour may be not as considerate as that of a private tour sometimes.
Visiting one or two shops or markets is always included in a seat-in-a-coach tour, but you don’t have to buy anything.
A seat-in-a-coach tour usually consists of more than 10 people. You will have a local guide. We will pick you up at some appointed hotels at the appointed time. In contrast a private tour provides a private car and guide. And we will pick you up at your hotel.