This Classic Beijing Day Tour takes you to major classic attractions in Beijing, which are all must-sees of Beijing. The features of this tour are Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven, and the Summer Palace. A traditional Chinese lunch and a stop at a popular pearl open market are included.
- A full day tour of major classic Beijing attractions
- The promenade, monuments, and halls at Tian’anmen Square
- The Forbidden City, the best-preserved imperial palace in China
- The Temple of Heaven
- The beauty of the Summer Palace
- Well-trained ‘local’ English-speaking tour guide
- Shopping experience at a renowned pearl open market
- A traditional Chinese lunch
- A 22-seat air-conditioned coach with up to 10 English-speaking travelers
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Key Sights: Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven, and the Summer Palace
Your full-day tour of classic Beijing begins with a visit to Tian’anmen Square after being picked up at your hotel at around 06:30-07:00. Tian’anmen Square, the largest city square in the world, holds the Monument of the National Heroes, the Great Hall of the People, the National Museum of China, and the Mausoleum of Mao Zedong.
You will then enjoy a short walk from Tian’anmen Square to the Forbidden City. At 08:30-10:30, you will visit this magnificent imperial palace. The Forbidden City, with over 500 years of history, is the largest and best-preserved ancient palatial structure in the world. Duration: approximately two hours.
At 11:00, on the way to your next destination, the Temple of Heaven, you will have a chance to visit traditional Chinese medicine outlets. The Temple of Heaven, considered the holiest place in Beijing, is the largest ancient imperial architectural structure for worship in the world. Duration: approximately one hour.
After enjoying a traditional Chinese lunch at 13:00, take the opportunity to shop at a pearl open market for 30 minutes. After a 30-minute drive, you will reach the Summer Palace, the best preserved and largest imperial garden in the world. The Summer Palace is regarded as a museum of gardens in China. Duration: one hour and 20 minutes. At 18:00, you will be transfered to your hotel.
1. We offer complimentary pick up service from your hotel located within 3rd ring road in Beijing. If your hotel is not located within the 3nd ring road, your travel advisor will inform you of a nearest pick-up point for boarding the coach. You will need to go to the pick-up point by taxi or subway by yourself at your own expense.
|1 person||2-3 persons||4-5 persons||6-9 persons||> 10 persons|
- Professional guide22-seat air-conditioned coachLunchEntrance fees
- Gratuities (recommended)Items of a personal nature
Special Notes for a Seat-in-a-Coach Tour
A seat-in-a-coach tour minimizes costs because expenses are shared among a larger group.
Seat-in-a-coach tours are operated by local business partners of China Highlights around China. China Highlights chooses business partners by strict quality standards. The service of a seat-in-a-coach tour may be not as considerate as that of a private tour sometimes.
Visiting one or two shops or markets is always included in a seat-in-a-coach tour, but you don’t have to buy anything.
A seat-in-a-coach tour usually consists of more than 10 people. You will have a local guide. We will pick you up at some appointed hotels at the appointed time. In contrast a private tour provides a private car and guide. And we will pick you up at your hotel.