Huangyaguan Great Wall Marathon
- Celebrated: May. 16
- Location: Beijing
What is exciting about the Huangyaguan Great Wall marathon is that it is actually run on the Great Wall. About a quarter of the 42.2 kilometer race is run on the wall, and racers have to climb 3,700 steps. Most runners find the course to be unusually difficult and brutal. But the pros of running this course is actually racing on a Great Wall section and running through excellent countryside and farm scenery.
The Race Overview
- Chinese: 黄崖关 长城 马拉松 Huángyáguān Chángchéng Mǎlāsōng /hwung-yaa-gwan channg-chnng maa-laa-song/ 'Yellow Cliff Pass Great Wall Marathon'
- Date: May 16, 2020. It is the 3rd Saturday of May each year.
- Address: Huangyaguan Village, Xiaying Town, Ji County, Tianjin; 120 kilometers east of Beijing and 150 kilometers north of Tianjin; about 3 hours’ drive from Beijing
- Additional races: In addition to the main 42 kilometer race, there is a half marathon race, and an 8.5 kilometer race.
- Accreditation: Association of International Marathons and Distance Races
This interesting marathon integrates culture, sports, and travel. The area is famed for fine countryside scenery that you can enjoy as you run through fields and little villages. Climbing the 3,700 steps makes the course rigorous. It is now an international race attracting participants from dozens of countries.
Along with the race, many participants enjoy seeing the peasant countryside and eating the local peasant food. It is an agricultural area of China that retains an old countryside charm.
China Highlights Can Facilitate Your Race
China Highlights is one of the leading tour operators for international tourists during their visit to China. Allow us to facilitate the logistics for this trip. We can help provide good accommodations, transportation, and other help including language translation and race logistics for you or your group.
We'll work to save you time and money as well compared to what might happen if you tried to arrange these details yourself. So you can concentrate on the race.
We could also arrange a tour in other places during your visit if you want to go to other sporting events.
Private Tour - free of hassles, more flexibility
The most pleasant, direct, and interesting way to go to the Huangyaguan Marathon is with a private tour such as ours. Our tours are known for being hassle free and individualized for our clients.
A private tour means more flexibility, and you will be taken care of by your private guide and the driver.
- Your guide will arrange your race entry registration (in advance), perhaps saving you a lot of time and trouble lining up.
- Our guide will help with other race details as he or she can.
Our experienced guide will also help you learn more about the history of the Great Wall and Chinese culture too. You'll make the most of your time. See Great Wall day trips from Beijing>>