Guangzhou Train Travel
Jingguang (Beijing-Guangzhou) Railway and Jingjiu (Beijing-Hongkong) Railway run through Guangzhou. Guangzhou railway station is situated in the western ring-road. Travelers can get there by buses of No.7, 34, and 225.. It's very convenient. There are trains to the large and medium cities all over the country.
There are direct trains very 15 to 30 minutes from Guangzhou to Shenzhen which you can take at both Guangzhou Eastern Railway Station and Guangzhou Railway Station. The ticket is about 70 yuan per person.
Railway Stations in Guangzhou
There are five railway stations in Guangzhou: Guangzhou Railway Station, Guangzhou South Railway Station, Guangzhou East Railway Station, Guangzhou North Railway Station and Guangzhou West Railway Station.
Guangzhou Railway Station is in Huanshi Road (环市路), and it is the largest and the most important station in Guangzhou, at present. Trains departing to Beijing, Wuhan, Nanjing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Xi’an, Lhasa and many other cities in China.
Guangzhou South Railway Station in Shibi Village, Panyu District (番禹区石壁村), is 17 kilometers (about 11 miles) from Guangzhou urban area, operating bullet trains (train numbers is started with ‘G’ or ‘D’) from Guangzhou to Zhuhai, Changsha, Wuhan and Xinhui (in Jiangmen City).
Guangzhou East Railway Station (namely Tianhe Railway Station) operates trains from Guangzhou to Huizhou, Qingdao, Shantou, Meizhou and frequent bullet trains to Shenzhen.
Guangzhou North Railway Station in Huadu District (花都区) is a railway station with advanced equipments (ticket vendors, touch information inquiring system, LCD TV, etc) and capacious and comfortable waiting rooms, being 27 kilometers (about 17 miles) from Guangzhou Railway Station. It mainly operates bullet trains from Guangzhou to Changsha, Wuhan. Guangzhou West Railway Station is a cargo terminal in ordinary days. However, it would be used as temporary passenger station during the Spring Festival days.
Guangzhou Railway Station 广州火车站
- Trains Leave for: many Chinese mainland cities including Beijing, Zhuhai, Shenzhen, Maoming, Wuhan, Nanjing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Hanzhong, Wenzhou, Xiangfan, Xian, and Lhasa
- Address: 159 West Huanshi Road, Yuexiu District (越秀区环市西路159号)
- Tel: 020-8666 1789
How to Get There
- 1. Bus Routes: 31, 33, 34, 52, 180, 201, 203, 210, 211, 228, 242, 254, 257, 269, 274, 275, 529, 530, 550, 552, 803, 805, 807, 823, 840, Night 7, Night 8, Night 11, Night 14, Night 15, Night 18, Night 25 and Night 41
- 2. Subway Lines: Line2 and 5
- 3. Airport Shuttle Bus Lines: Line1 (from Guangzhou Baiyun Airport to CAAC Ticket Office) with the ticket fare is 16 yuan. Get off at the t building CAAC Ticket Office and then walk to the railway station.
- 4. Taxis: It takes about 90 yuan–100 yuan from Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport to Guangzhou Railway Station, about 50 yuan–60 yuan from Guangzhou South Railway Station to the station and about 20 yuan–30yuan from Guangzhou East Railway Station to the station.
Guangzhou South Railway Station 广州火车南站
- Bullet Trains Leave for: Zhuhai, Changsha, Wuhan and Xinhui (in Jiangmen City)
- Address: Shibi Village, Panyu District (番禺区石壁村)
- Tel: 020-9510 5688
How to Get There
- 1. Bus Routes: 288A, 301A, 302A, 303A and 309A (ticket fare for these buses is 4 yuan or 5yuan)
- 2. Subway Lines: Line 2
- 3. Taxis: It costs about 50 yuan–60 yuan from Guangzhou Railway Station to this station, about 60 yuan–70 yuan from Guangzhou East Railway Station to this station and about 120 yuan from Foshan City to the station.
- 4. Express Bus Lines: There are four Express Bus Lines leaving for Guangzhou South Railway Station. Passengers can take these buses at Tianhe Exhibition Center, Guangzhou Long-Distance Bus Station, Dongou Long-Distance Bus Station or Jiangwan Hotel. The ticket fare is about 13 yuan.
In addition, it is also very convenient for passengers from nearby cities including Dongguan, Zhongshan, Zhuhai, Jiangmen, Foshan, Huizhou, Zhaoqiang, Macau and Shenzhen to Guangzhou South Railway Station, because direct buses leaving for the station are available in above cities.
Guangzhou East Railway Station 广州火车东站
- Trains Leave for: Huizhou, Qingdao, Shantou, Meizhou and Shenzhen
- Address: 1 Dongzhan Road, Tianhe District (天河区东站路1号)
- Tel: 020-8714 6222
How to Get There
- 1. Bus Routes: 180, 201, 210, 211, 228, 234, 254, 257, 269, 275, Night11, Night14, Night15, Night18, Night 25
- 2. Subway Lines: 1 and 3
- 3. Shuttle Bus Lines: Line 6C (from Guangzhou Baiyun Airport to go to Guangzhou East Railway Station) with the ticket fare is 20 yuan. One whole trip takes about 50 minutes.
- 4. Taxis: About 80 yuan–100 yuan from Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport to the station by taxi, while that from Guangzhou South Railway Station to the station costs about 60 yuan–70 yuan
Guangzhou North Railway Station 广州火车北站
- Trains Leave for: Bullet trains to Changsha and Wuhan, and fast trains to Shaoguan, Hanzhong, Xinyang, Wenzhou, Jishou, Zhaoqing and Zhengzhou
- Address: Xinhua Town, Huadu District (花都区新华镇)
- Tel: 020-6135 6850
- Bus Routes: 616, 614, 615 and 705
- Express Buses: There are 6 long-distance bus stations offering special lines to the station: Guangzhou Passenger Transport Station (also Guangzhou City Bus Terminal), Tianhe Bus Station, Dongpu Bus Station, Fangcun Bus Station, Jiaokou Bus Station and Passenger Bus Station of Guangzhou East Railway Station. Generally speaking, it takes about 1 hour from each of these stations to Guangzhou North Railway Station.
Guangzhou West Railway Station 广州火车西站
- Address: Xiwan Dong Road, Liwan District (荔湾区西湾东路)
Hong Kong to Guangzhou Trains
There are through trains running from Hong Kong to Guangzhou. The trains depart from Hong Kong at Hung Hom Railway Station and Guangzhou at the East Station. The journey covers 182 kilometers (113 miles) in around two hours.
Hong Kong to Guangzhou Through-Train Timetable
|Train No.||Hung Hom||Guangzhou East
Guangzhou - Hong Kong Through-Train Timetable
|Train No.||Guangzhou East
Guangzhou to Dongguan
There are quite a lot of trains to Dongguang at the Guangzhou East Railway Station and Guangzhou Railway Station. It takes about half an hour and the ticket costs 15 Yuan (USD 2.2).