Bajiao Zhai Geography Park
Bajiao Zhai Geography Park includes rare attraction of Danxia landform which was called as "the soul of Danxia landform" by some famous experts.
- One of the marvelous spectacles of Danxia landform in the world, combining features as high, majesty, spectacle, quiet and steep.
- It was valued as one of the seven great Danxia landforms in China by China National Geographic in 2005.
- All the aubergine mountains are in imaginational shapes like whales, snails, and blockhouse and so on.
- The stone steps are built on the steep mountains, winding along the mountain ridge.
- With unique geologic features and abundant plants species, it is a nice place for research as well as tourism.
Bajiao Zhai Geography Park is located in Ziyuan County, a county of northeastern Guilin and an intersection point of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region and Hunan Province. It is about 107 kilometers (66 miles) from Guilin urban area, and covers 125 square kilometers (48 square miles).
Bajiao Zhai also known as Yuntai Mountains, the 814-meter (2442 feet) main peak has eight angles at the top, hence the name of Bajiao (bā jīǎo, 八角，角 means angle in Chinese) Zhai (zhài, 寨, means fence for protection in Chinese). The mountains are so high that they are surrounded by white clouds early in the morning, then the mountains looks like whales swimming in the sea, which is a really magnificent attraction.
The Danxian landform formed in the Cretaceous period is totally different from Karst landform in other places of Guilin. After development of weathering and erosion, the mountains with red bed (thousands of meters in thickness) appear as aubergine spiral shells.
Walking along the stone steps winding along the mountain ridge, visitors not only can enjoy themselves in the narrow gorge, defile and cavern shaped by water and weathering, but also might feel astonished by the isolate peak, bridge, stele, grotto, cliff and fortress formed by the falling action of massif.
- Location: Bajiao Zhai Geography Park is lying in Ziyan County, 107 kilometers (66 miles) from southeast Guilin.
- How to get there: Every day, there are many buses departing to Ziyuan County from Guilin. Bajiao Zhai Geography Park is 50 kilometers (31 miles) away from Ziyuan County. China Highlights use high-quality air-conditioned private transport to take the hassle out of getting to Bajiao Zhai Geography Park.
Baoding Waterfall, a fall rising in Baoding Mountain with a drop of 700 meters (about 2297 feet).
Raft drifting in Wupai River. Wupai River is lying in the valley of Cat Mountain, the first peak in south China. The water potential is full of changes and the both sides of the river have rich fantastic rocks, visitors can enjoy themselves in the exciting drafting as well as appreciate the peaceful and graceful landscape on the banks.
Raft drifting on Zi River. Zi River is rising in Cat Mountain, running from south to east and falling into Dongting Lake. Zi River looks like a ribbon winding in the mountains. Difting on Zi River, it seems that visitors are paddling in a gallery of river and mountains.