Chinese New Year Landscape Break
Guilin Mini Group | 3-Day Yangshuo Countryside Tour
Why This Tour
- A time-smart Yangshuo trip design for the Chinese New Year holiday.
- Enjoy outdoor activities in the idyllic countryside.
- Savor the landscape from non-touristy angles.
Tour Date and Price
|Tour Date||Price||Single Room Supplement|
|Jan. 22nd, 2022||CNY1699 per person||CNY300 per person|
|Jan. 31st, 2022||CNY1899 per person||CNY400 per person|
Climb to the top of a karst hill for fairytale views of peak clusters
Skip the touristy boat cruise and hike the most beautiful section of the Li River
Enjoy a refreshing sidecar ride in the idyllic countryside
Stay in a hotel overlooking the Li River and enjoy a BBQ
Cycle on an off-the-beaten-path country road and explore a hidden cave
Explore the old town of Xingping and its famous 20 yuan note scenery
About China Highlights
Since 1998 we've guided everyone ranging from US presidents, Australian Geographic and retired backpackers. Our goal is to create unique trips that take you off-the-beaten path, helping you discover China in a more authentic way. Our motto: "Discovery Your Way!"
Lhasa Tibet Adventure
Coco helped us plan our ideal trip to recent trip Tibet. She was informative, patient, and helped us tailor the trip to our own needs. She made excellent suggestions and supported us with the permits, travel itinerary, and even flights. She is an incredible asset to the China Highlights Team! Our local guide Tenzin was also excellent and flexible with us each day. I was hit with some altitude sickness and Tenzin helped me get oxygen and medicine needed. He worked with us each day to help us eat local foods and recommended ideal times to visit sites to minimize wait times. We were able to see everything on our list and eat excellent food. Thank you Coco and Tenzin! more
Day by Day Itinerary
Hotel: Yangshuo Snow Lion Riverside Resort or similar
Arrive in Yangshuo Town in the morning and meet your English-speaking guide at the appointed time and meeting point.
Start your amazing trip with Xianggong Hill. Spend 20 minutes ascending to have a breathtaking view over the best bend of the Li River.
Descend the hill to get close to the River and walk along it to enjoy the gorgeous scenery. Your 3½-hour hike will end in Xingping Ancient Town. Feel the stone street under foot, and trace its medieval history from the old brick buildings lining the roadsides. Don’t miss the 20 yuan banknote scene — it’s a great photo op!
At the end of the day, your guide and driver will transfer you to your Yangshuo hotel and assist you with check-in.
Enjoy a BBQ dinner when Yangshuo lights up, and feel the lively atmosphere on the banks of the Li River.
Hotel: Yangshuo Snow Lion Riverside Resort or similar
Yangshuo is very famous for its picturesqueness, with bizarre mountains, crystal waters, and idyllic countryside views. Let’s ride a sidecar to explore the picture-postcard landscape.
After breakfast, your guide will meet you in the hotel lobby, and we’ll head to Nunnery Hill and Lion-Dragon Hill.
Encounter well-preserved Liugong Village when you leave the hills, which was the distribution center for merchants and commodity exchanges in the old days. You will feel like you have journeyed back to olden times when you see the Qing (1644–1912) and Ming (1368–1644) dynasty architecture. Wander outside the village, you and will be stopped by the '3-Color Pools'.
Then return to West Street, also called ‘Foreigner Street’ because many foreigners have made their home there. You will see bars, Internet cafes, and handicraft shops lining this 1,400-year-old street.
In the morning, begin by cycling along the Yulong River, which is the most beautiful tributary of the Li. Smell the fresh air and appreciate stunning karst formations.
Then rest your bike in Fenglou Village, and follow a narrow path passing through paddy fields and going up a hill. You will meet two natural arches hidden in their rocky home, and you may be surprised by the landscape on the other side when going through them. Enjoy the exclusive views and peaceful moments at this point. (If you are not interested in hill-climbing, you can rest at the hill’s foot and enjoy a cup of coffee in the boutique hotel there for a relaxing time.)
Take the same way back, and it will be time to say goodbye at noon. Your guide and driver will drop you off at Yangshuo Town. Then make your own way to a train station or Guilin’s airport. We wish you a safe and happy journey home!
- Single supplement fee will not be charged on your account unless you ask for a single room or if there is no one else of the same gender to share with.
- The minimum number of people for this trip is 4 and the maximum is 12. We can open another date for you if you have a group of 4 or more people and prefer a different departure date.
- Vehicle Type: 7 seats vehicle or same level for 4 people, 14 seats vehicle or same level for 5 - 7 people, 17 seats vehicle or same level for 8 - 10 people
- Luggage: One traveler is allowed to take a 24# suitcase and a small bag. We will not responsible for any extra charges due to excess baggage.
*Let us know if you prefer different dates, we might be able to open a new date for you if you are a group of more than 4 people.
- Air-conditioned vehicle with big windows and ample space
- English speaking local guide
- Activities, attractions tickets, and meals as listed in the itinerary
- Hotels listed in the itinerary or similar options
- 24/7 helpline while you are traveling
Tour code: gl-27-gp
- Transportation to Yangshuo and from Yangshuo
- Tips for the guide and the driver
- Personal expenses
Best cancellation policy in the business!
- Cancellation due to the travel restriction of Covid-19: 100% refund
- Cancellation received up to 21 days before departure: 100% refund
- Cancellation received 14 to 20 days before departure: 90% refund
- Cancellation received 3 to 13 days before departure: 50% refund
- Cancellation received 0 to 2 days before departure: 0% refund