Lianghuan Village Fish in Sour Soup
This restaurant specialty, fish in sour soup (酸汤鱼), is a unique dish invented long ago by Miao minority people.
The restaurant opened in 1986, and has since created its own style, based on the cooking culture of ethnic groups. Both the building and the decor of the restaurant are unique, with architectural features from the Miao minority. Besides the delicious and unique dishes, guests can enjoy performances of folk dance and singing.
Some recommended dishes are: fish in sour soup (酸汤鱼), cured meat and fish (腊味拼盘), Miao-style stir-fried green beans (苗家长角豆), Miao-style pickled radish (苗家泡萝卜), Dong-style fragrant meat (侗家香肉), stir-fried bitter gourd with Chinese chestnuts (苦瓜炒板栗) and spare ribs with straw flavor (稻香排骨).
- Chinese name: 亮欢寨酸汤鱼 Lianghuan Zhai Suantang Yu
- Average price per person: 90 yuan
- Opening hours: 11am–10pm
- Address: 3535 Shachong Road, Nanming District (南明区沙冲路3535号)
- Tel: 0851-5799338, 5778668
- Bus Routes: 9, 11, 21, 42, 50, 57 and 204
Old Kaili Fish in Sour Soup
This is perhaps the most popular restaurant in Guiyang, having developed a reputation for delicious food from its many customers. Queues can always be found here, so guests are well-advised to book in advance.
The specialty dish is fish in sour soup (酸汤鱼). Customers ordering this dish can choose the very fish they want to eat. The soup is spicy and sour, with tender fish meat. Rice tofu (米豆腐), cured meat (腊肉) and millet porridge (小米渣) are also recommended here.
- Chinese name: 老凯俚酸汤鱼 Lao Kaili Suantang Yu
- Average price per person: 88 yuan
- Address: 55 Shengfu Road, Yunyan District (云岩区省府路55号)
- Tel: 0851-5843665
Tufeng Doumi Hotpot Restaurant
Although this restaurant is really simple, the taste of the hot pot here should restore strength and hope.
Doumi hot pot (豆米火锅) is the specialty hot pot. Its main ingredients are kidney bean seeds , Chinese sauerkraut (酸菜), sliced cured meat, pickled pepper, garlic bolt, green onions and pork oil.
When eating hot pot, customers can boil vegetables, mushrooms, potatoes and meat in the soup. Fat dregs (油渣) and crispy meat (脆肉) are two popular kinds of meat here.
- Chinese name: 土风豆米火锅店 Tufeng Doumi Huoguo Dian
- Average price per person: 40 yuan
- Address: 35 Qianling East Road, Yunyan District (云岩区黔灵东路35号)
- Tel: 0851-6784331
This western restaurant mainly serves Italian-style food at affordable prices. It’s divided into smoking and non-smoking areas. Pizza and roast chicken wings are two specialties there.
- Chinese name: 巴贝拉意式休闲餐厅 Babeila Yishi Xiuxian Canting
- Average price per person: 50 yuan
- Address: Floor 2, Xingguang Canlan, Xiao Shizi, Fushui Middle Road, Yunyan District (云岩区富水中路小十字星光灿烂2楼)
- Tel: 0851-5851777
This western restaurant is also divided into two areas, smoking and non-smoking. Steak and julep (a sweet syrup drink) are two highlights here. The dining environment is good, with neat decor.
- Chinese name: 煌泰紫台塑牛排 Huang Tai Zi Taisu Niupai
- Average price per person: 210 yuan
- Address: Floor 2, Nanguo Huajin Shopping Center, 108 Zhonghua Middle Road, Yunyan District (云岩区中华中路108号南国花锦购物中心2楼)
- Tel: 0851-6831888
Visit Guiyang with China Highlights
Guiyang is a developing city and a good starting point for exploration of other interesting places in Guizhou Province. China Highlights can help you customize a trip to Guiyang.