Guiyang Vegetarian Restaurants
1. Jueyuan Vegetarian Restaurant
With a quiet and peaceful environment, this restaurant also excels in its dishes, many of which are made to resemble meat or fish in every respect: including appearance, aroma and taste. A common complaint, however, is that some dishes are too oily.
- Chinese name: 觉园素斋 Jueyuan Suzhai, tofu pudding (豆花), rice tofu (米豆腐)，cakes cooked with sweet wine (甜酒粑), chicken roasted with Chinese chestnut (板栗烧鸡), sautéed diced chicken with peanuts (宫爆鸡丁), quickly-fried pig kidney (爆炒腰花), stewed bean curd with minced pork in pepper sauce (麻婆豆腐)
- Reminder: The ‘meat’ and ‘fish’ here are all made from vegetarian ingredients
- Average price per person: 40 yuan
- Address: 11 Fushui Road, Yunyan District 云岩区富水路11号
- Tel: 0851-5829609 or 0851-5841957
- Opening hours: 9 am–9 pm
- Transportation: 1)Take bus 4, 5, 6, 21, 22, 25, 31 (one-way traffic), 32, 40, 42, 45, 54, 61, 64, 68 (up direction), 68 (down direction), 69, 202, 253, 303 or 304, get off at Zhongshan Dong Road (中山东路) and then walk about 30 meters; 2) Take bus 6, 18, 24, 34, 37, 42, 44, 61, 68 (up direction), 68 (down direction), 253 or 303, get off at the East Gate (东门) and then walk about 50 meters.
2. Hongfu Temple Miaoxianglin Vegetarian Restaurant
This is a century-old temple. The dishes may look ordinary, but they taste delicious and the prices are moderate. If you want to reminisce about the good old days with old acquaintances, this restaurant is a wonderful choice. Vegetarian scalloped pork is especially recommended.
- Chinese name: 弘福寺妙香林素餐厅 Hongfusi Miaoxianglin Sucanting
- Reminder: The ‘meat’ and ‘fish’ here are all made from vegetarian ingredients.
- Average price per person: 40 yuan
- Address: 187 Lao Zaoshan Road, Yunyan District 云岩区老枣山路187号
- Tel: 0851-6825606
- Opening hours: 6:30 am–6 pm
- Transportation: Take bus 1 (one-way traffic), 2 (one-way traffic), 10 (one-way traffic), 12 (one-way traffic), 13, 31 (one-way traffic), 32, 33, 41, 51, 53, 68 (up direction), 68 (down direction), 72, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 231, 232, 248, 314 or 602 and get off at Zaoshan Road (枣山路).
1. Chanyue Sutuo Vegetarian Restaurant
The environment here, with a special kind of antique beauty, can cheer you up. There are curtains separating the tables. Besides, the tea area and the dining area are strictly separated. Food servings are generous and prices are affordable.
- Chinese name: 禅悦酥陀 Chanyue Sutuo
- Recommended dishes: Buddhist fried rice (佛门炒饭), mashed Chinese yam (山药泥)
- Average price per person: 45 yuan
- Address: floor 1of Fudu Mansion, Lin Street, 123 Fushuinan Road, Nanming District 南明区富水南路123号富都大厦邻街1楼
- Tel: 0851-5806866 or 0851-5806966
- Opening hours: 24 hours a day
- Transportation: 1) Take bus 6, 18, 24, 253, 303, 31 (one-way traffic), 34, 37, 42, 44, 61, 68 (up direction) or 68 (down direction), get off at Da’nanmen (大南门), and then walk about 90 meters; 2) Take bus 2 (night bus), 6 (night bus), 8, 9, 26, 46, 48, 63, 66, 67, 237, 307, 310 (one-way traffic), k237, get off at Zhuanshi Square (钻石广场) and then walk about 120 meters.
- Special service: You can pay by bank card and wireless Internet is available.
2. Pure Heart Vegetarian Restaurant
Buddhism emphasizes a pure heart and advocates vegetarian food. In the world of bean products here, you can discover some unique flavors. The ‘chicken’ made from beans is especially recommended.
- Chinese name: 净心素食 Jingxin Sushi
- Reminder: The 'meat' and 'fish' on the menu are all made from vegetarian ingredients.
- Address: 142, Nanchang Road, Nanming District 南明区南厂路142号
- Tel: 0851-5721000 or 0851-5721111
- Transportation: Take bus 38, get off at Wuyue Road (武岳路) and then walk about 200 meters.
Visit Guiyang with China Highlights
Guiyang is an interesting city and a good starting point for exploration of other interesting places in Guizhou Province. China Highlights can help you customize a trip to Guiyang.