Haikou Meilan Airport is located at the Meilan Town, Meilan District of Haikou. It is 25 kilometers away from the Haikou city. There are more than 60 airlines, which connect Haikou with other cities both at China and abroad. In addition, there are also airlines which connect Haikou with Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Kyushu in Japan and Cheju in South Korea.
From Airport to Haikou Urban District( It will take 30 minutes.)
- Airport Shuttle Bus: The Airport shuttle bus starts from 5:30 a.m. It runs every 30 minutes. The price is 15 yuan per person.
- City Bus: There are Bus 21 and Bus 41, which can take passengers to the Meilan Airport directly. The price is 5 yuan per person.
- Taxi: Passengers can also take taxies to go to the airport. The price is around 60 yuan.
- The Haikou Railway station is around 20 kilometers away from the center of Haikou city. It is located in the Changliu District. It is near the sea.
- There are express trains that connect Haikou with Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu and Beijing. It will take around 11 hours from Haikou to Guangzhou.
- Inquiry Phone Number at Haikou station is 0898-31686222.
Express Train Between Haikou and Chengdu
Since July1, 2011, express train (K486/ K488) between Haikou and Chengdu has been available, and the railway links Hainan Province with South China, running pass Chongqing and provinces of Guangxi, Guizhou and Sichuan. The length of time for the whole journey is about 38 hours. Every day, the train departs from Haikou at 18:40 and the other train departs from Chengdu East Railway Station at 18:01.
The road travel in Hainan is quite convenient. There are National Road 233 in the east, National Road 224 in the middle, National Road 225 in the west. In addition, there is an Island Express Way. At present, there are 4 passenger stations in Haikou. Passengers can take city buses at the East and West Stations. For those who want to take the long-distance buses, passengers can go to the South Station.
Haikou South Station
- Buses at South Station major take passengers to Chengmai County and Dingan County.
- Location: The South Station is located near the Century Pavilion, Nanhai Avenue.
- Inquiry Phone Number: 0898－66803800
Long-distance Bus Station
- Passengers can take buses to Yunnan Province, Guizhou Province, Hunan Province, Hubei Province, Guangdong Province, and Guangxi Province.
- Location: It is located at No.10 Haixiu Avenue.
- Inquiry Phone Number: 0898－66772791
East Long-distance Bus Station
- Passengers can take buses to get to the east cities of Hainan Province
- Location: It is located at the No.148 Haifu Road.
- Inquiry Phone Number: 0898－65340753
West Long-distance Bus Station
- Passengers can take buses to get to Yanzhou, Baicha, Changjiang, Dongfang, Lingao, Yuedong, Tongshi, Tunchang and other counties in Haikou.
- Location: It is located at the No.156 Haixiu Road.
- Inquiry Phone Number: 0898－68657306