If you dream of piercing into the mysteries of charming and enigmatic Hong Kong, enjoying its beauty and allure, and getting a bird's-eye view of it, then a rooftop bar is the best idea! Cool wind, exotic cocktail or champagne in your hand, and majestic scenery - that's what these Hong Kong skybars are all about. Below 10 of the best of them are presented according to their price ranges.
Weather considerations: Although many tourists think that in summer time there is the threat of typhoons in Hong Kong, they usually don't cause much damage and last not more than 1/3 of a month. During typhoon periods the sultry summer air becomes extremely fresh and cooling, pleasing the millions of holiday-makers. Skybars are also worth visiting in mild winter, changeable spring, and extremely pleasant and sunny autumn, since the Hong Kong weather usually won't spoil your impression.
Being located on the 29th and 30th floors, this rooftop bar will offer you breathtaking scenery of Western District. It can boast of a rich story of origin: VEA is helmed by chef Vicky Cheng and honored mixologist Antonio Lai. In relaxing lounge zone you can drink a glass of cold tasty cocktail and enjoy one of amazing local dishes. The most famous cocktail is called Cleopatra Formosa - it is a mixture of Absolut Elyx, anis syrup and pineapple.
- Address: 29 & 30/F, 198 Wellington St., Central. Open Monday−Saturday 5pm−1am.
2. Ce La Vi
It is the most glamorous rooftop bar in Hong Kong, which will captivate you by its atmospheric design and unforgettable panoramic views over Lan Kwai Fong, Victoria Harbour and Central District. All the party lovers will appreciate CE LA VI as there they can hear fantastic DJ's tracks and taste sparkling champagne.
- Address: California Tower, 30−32 D'Aguilar Street, Central. Open every day 7pm−3am.
Hidden from the curious eyes of passers-by, the bar and the restaurant are situated on the roof of commercial building overlooking the legendary Duddell Street famous for Colonial Steps and world's first Starbucks. They hold two floors: on the first floor you can enjoy the splendid Chinese furniture and the works of contemporary artists, while on the second floor you are provided with collection wine, cocktails, and Cantonese dishes.
- Address: Level 3, Shanghai Tang Mansion, 1 Duddell Street, Central. Open Monday−Thursday noon−12am, Friday and Saturday noon−1am, Sunday noon−11pm.
Do you dream of relaxing in a cozy lounge chair while sipping cold exotic cocktail and adoring the magnificent view of Victoria Harbour? Then you should visit this skybar. Just imagine how relaxed you will feel sitting on a spacious terrace at a great height! And if you are here, don't forget to try Cajun French fries - you will fall in love with it for sure.
- Address: 32/F, East Hotel, 29 Taikoo Shing. Open Monday−Thursday 5pm−1am, Friday and Saturday 5pm−1:30am, Sunday noon−12am.
Still don't believe that Hong Kong has a reputation of a real jungle lost in verdure? This rooftop bar will give you an opportunity to check it yourself. It overlooks picturesque hilly landscapes, which in combination with street art, murals and a bit industrial design of the bar, create an unforgettable impression.
- Address: 23/F-24/F, Ovolo Southside, 64 Wong Chuk Hang Road. Open Monday−Thursday, Sunday 5pm−1am, Friday and Saturday 2pm−1am.
6. The Backyard
If you get tired of city bustle and noise, then the best idea is to hide and have a rest in this rooftop bar. Comfortable and relaxing lounge chairs, artificial waterfalls, and green mango trees create a unique vibe of inner calm and serenity. Tasty beverages and more than 20 different kinds of beer will become the pleasant ending of any evening.
- Address: 555 Shanghai Street, Mong Kok. Open every day 5pm−12:30am.
7. The Envoy
Situated on the 3rd floor of luxurious hotel The Pottinger, the bar was inspired by the rich Hong Kong heritage. The city has always been one of the most important trade ports, what is reflected in the concept of the bar, its interior and menu: designed cocktails, wooden floors, and even original wallpaper. All these small details make an amazing atmosphere of East and West joined together and, of course, don't forget about the panoramic view: a great number of cozy and distinctive shops and dai pai dongs are lying at your feet.
- Address: 74 Queen's Road, Central. Open Monday−Thursday noon−1am, Friday and Saturday noon−2am, Sunday 11am−1am.
This skybar is known as the sexiest place in Hong Kong. It got its name due to a special enigmatic interior: it reminds of an oasis located in the very heart of nightlife, which provides you with deep house DJ's tracks and a great feeling of tranquility. Take a seat near bamboo trees or in a lounge zone and get absorbed in this vibe completely.
- Address: 5/F, 118 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui. Open Sunday−Thursday 3pm–12am, Friday−Saturday 4pm–1am.
9. Mahalo Tiki Lounge
Although this rooftop bar was opened not long ago, it has already become famous. Thanks to the usage of natural bamboo in décor, the vibe of a desert island, and Polynesian dishes, you will get unforgettable impressions. It's better to come here at 5pm because at this time you can adore splendid sunset while sipping a glass of ice-cold pina colada.
- Address: 29F, QRE Plaza, 202 Queens Road East, Wanchai. Open Monday−Thursday 12pm−2am, Friday 12pm−3am, Saturday 6pm−3am, Sunday 4pm−12am.
10. Fu Lu Shou
This bar is beloved by many Hong Kong tourists since it has a unique interior, which attracts attention at first glance. Bright murals on the walls, Chinese cuisine presented in Western style, a great variety of unusual cocktails and craft beers – here are just few peculiarities of this place. A light and spacious terrace is located over the restaurants and bars, what allows enjoying a sumptuous panoramic view of the city.
- Address: 31 Hollywood Road, Central. Open Monday−Saturday 5pm−2am.
We Can Get You to the Fascinating HK Views
A Hong Kong skybar will give you a unique opportunity, not only to try the national cuisine and original drinks, but also to adore the unbelievable mountain, sea, and city views, which will captivate you for sure. Visit just one of these places, and you will dream of coming back again.
- Our Essence of Hong Kong tour covers the key sights in 3 days (including arrival/departure days) giving you plenty of time to relax at a rooftop bar. Fully extendable and customizable.
- Contact us with your requirements for a customized tour