Useful Hong Kong Travel Tips
Useful Phone Numbers
- Emergency Number: 999
- Tourist Complaint: 00852-25081234
- Shopping Complaint: 00852-29292222
Currency exchange service is provided at Hong Kong Airport, Luohu Customs as well as the Shanghuan Wharf. If you go to banks to change your money, you have to pay a commission fee.
Wing Lung Bank
- Address: NO.1 45 Des Voeux Road, Central, Hong Kong
- Tel: (852) 2826 8333
HSBC Hong Kong
- Address: NO.1 Queen's Road Central Central Hong Kong
- Tel: (852) 2748 3322
China Merchants Bank
- Address：21/F, American Bank Center, 12,Harcourt Road, Central, Hong Kong
- Address：Room 101, 201-202, 303-304, First Building, Exchange Plaza, 8, Connaught Plaza
- Telephone: (852) 2230 0400
Also Read: Hong Kong in One Day for Budget Travelers
Hong Kong Post Head Office
- Address: No.2, Connaught Plaza, Central, Hong Kong
- Telephone：(852) 2921 2222
General Post Office
- Address: Next to the Star Ferry Concourse, Central
- Tel: (852) 2921 2222
The standard electrical voltage in HK is 220 volts AC, 50HZ and its majority of electrical outlets in Hong Kong take a three-pronged plug and socket connector. There is voltage transformation electrical outlet available for electric razor and air blast in high-ranking hotels.
In Hong Kong, mobile phones are very convenient; main telecommunication networks in the world like GSM 900, PCS 1800, and CDMA networks provide coverage throughout the island. But before you go to Hong Kong, please remember to make sure that your mobile network server has opened the roaming service for you. Besides, if you use mobile phone frequently, you can buy the IDD card of PEOPLES at 7-eleven Convenience store, OK Convenience store, newsstands, Broadway and China travel agency.
Hong Kong Festivals
Dragon Dance Festival
- Date: The first lunar month Activities: Dragon dance performance
- Date: First three day of the first lunar month( late January to early Feburary) Acitivies: firework show, lion dance performance
- Date: The fifth day of the first lunar month Activities: lanterns show
Hong Kong Arts Festival
- Activities: As the most classical world-level arts’ performance in Hong Kong, it gathers together top artists inside and outside Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Gourmet Festival
- Date: March Actities: On the festival, delicacies from all over the world are available as well as relative introductions and exhibitions, thus it makes your mouth and eyes full.
Seven Competitor Rugby Contest
- Date: Held in Hong Kong Island every year, it is an international competition which attracts rugby fans from every country to cheer for their favorite teams. Those rugby fans can’t miss it.
Hong Kong International Movie Festival
- Date: March or April Activities: On the festival, there are well-selected movies which are feast for the eyes of movie fans, thus it is an important day that the star fans are on the tiptoe of expectation.
International Dragon-Boat Festival
- Date: the fifth day of the fifth lunar month Place: Tsim Sha Tsul Activities: beautiful dragon boats from every corners of the world will race here
Memorial Day for Hong Kong's Return
- Date: 1st, July Place: Hong Kong
Also Read: Hong Kong in One Day for Luxury Travelers
The Cleanway Bay Golf & Country Club 清水湾高尔夫球会
Designed by T. Sawai & A. Furukawa, the club has a course with 18 pins and another one with 9 pins. Customers there can have a bird-eye view of the Saigon (a coastal district in east Hong Kong). Influenced by the waved hills and the wind, playing golf there will have more challenges and interest.
- Website: http://www.cwbgolf.org/public/index.aspx
- Address: Po Toi O, the Cleanway Bay, Saigon, the New Territories, Hong Kong (香港新界西贡清水湾布袋澳)
- Tel: 00852-2335 3888
Discovery Bay Golf Club 愉景湾高尔夫球会
Designed by Robert Trent Jones Junior, the club has a standard course with 27 pins, and the course available at night has 18 pins. Golf carts are available there, too. There is no caddie in the club.
- Address: Discovery Bay, Lantau Island (香港大屿山愉景湾山路)
- Tel: 00852-2987 7273
The Jockey Club Kau Sai Chau Public Golf Course香港滘西洲公众高尔夫球场
It is the only one public golf course in Hong Kong. There are two courses: the south course and the north course, and each of them have 18 pins. Located in the coastal area, wind will be a great challenge of customers’ playing skills.
- Website: Address: Saigon, the New Territories, Hong Kong
- Tel: 00852-2791 3388
Hong Kong Coliseum 香港体育馆
Actually, comparing to a coliseum for sport events, it is more often used as a place for holding vocal concerts. Visitors can consult whether there is a vocal concert, and taking part into a vocal concert may helpyou to have a closer encounter with the life in Hong Kong.
- Address: No.9, Changyun Avenue, Hung Hom, Kowloon (九龙红磡畅运道9号)
- Tel: 00852-2355 7234, 2355 7233
Queen Elizabeth Stadium 伊丽莎白体育馆
It is a stadium with multi functions. Besides offering sports facilities; it is also used as a venue both for sport events and entertainment activities like vocal concert and recreational activities.
- Address: No.18, Aiqun Avenue, Wanchai District (湾仔爱群道18号)
- Tel: 00852-2355 7282
The Swimming Pool in Victoria Park 维多利亚游泳池
- Address: Victoria Park, Xingfa Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong (香港岛铜锣湾兴发街维多利)亚公园)
- Tel: 00852-2570 8347
Yuanlang Swimming Pool 元朗游泳池
- Address: No.10, Tiyu Road, Yuanlang District, the New Territories (新界元朗体育路10号)
- Tel: 00852-2475 0184
Chengmengu Swimming Pool 城门谷游泳池
- Address: No.21, Chengmen Avenue, Quanwan District, the New Territories (新界荃湾城门道21号)
- Tel: 00852-2416 0522
Hong Kong Tennis Center 香港网球中心
- Location: No.133, Wong Nai Chung Gap Road, Wanchai District (香港湾仔黄泥涌峡道133号)
- Tel: 00852-2574 9122
Xiaoming Street Tennis Court 晓明街网球场
- Address: No.17, Xiaoming Street, Guantang District, Kowloon (九龙观塘晓明街17号)
- Tel: 00852-2727 3278
Tianguangdao Tennis Court 天光道网球场
- Address: No.15, Tianguang Avenue, Kowloon City District, Kowloon (九龙九龙城天光道15号)
- Tel: 00852-2711 1532
Parks for Taking a Walk
Of course, visitors in Hong Kong also can go to the parks to have a walk, jog or just have a break. Green trees, splendid blossom, fair-sounding twitters and lakes make the parks a ideal place for peace and quiet. The following are three parks in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Park 香港公园
- Website: http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/parks/hkp/en/index.php
- Hours: 06:00–23:00
- Address: No.19, Mian Road, Zhong District (香港中区棉路19号)
Kowloon Park 九龙公园
- Address: Tsim Sha Tsui Center, Kowloon (九龙尖沙咀中心)
- Tel: 00852-2724 3344
Victoria Park 维多利亚公园
- Web site: http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/parks/vp/en/index.php
- Address: Gaoshiwei Avenue, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong (香港铜锣湾高士威道)