Shun He Business Hotel Chinese Restaurant
The restaurant is in Shun He Business Hotel; hence the dinning environment is quite good. The service there is really good, with smiles on the servers’ face, according to guests having been there. The restaurant mainly serves Shandong style dishes which are good at using soup to make dishes. Popular dishes are Hai Shen Da Bao (海参大包, steamed big bun wrapped sea cucumber), rockfish (石斑鱼), Zong Ye Ji (粽叶鸡, steamed chicken wrapped in leaves) and stir-fried scalloped pork kidneys (爆炒腰花).
- Chinese name: 舜和商务大酒店中餐厅 Shun He Shangqu Da Jiudian Zhong Canting /shwnn her shung-woo daa jyoh-dyen/
- Average price per person: 101 yuan
- Address: Tianfa Mansion, 11 Tikou Road, Tianqiao District (天桥区堤口路11号天发大厦)
Jin San Bei Restaurant
It is a famous restaurant in Ji’nan, with reasonable price, nice dinning environment and high-quality service. Mainly serving exquisite Shandong style dishes, the cooking ways keep the traditional elements with some creative developments. It is a nice place to hold banquets. Several highly recommended dishes are stir-fried scalloped pork kidneys (爆炒腰花), Jiu Zhuan Da Chang (九转大肠, pig’s large intestines braised in soy sauce), dumplings wrapped with shrimp meat (虾仁水饺), dough drop and assorted seafood soup (海鲜疙瘩汤), fried crap with sweet and sour sauce (糖醋鲤鱼), beef ribs in black pepper sauce (黑椒牛仔骨) and yolk pastry (蛋黄酥).
- Chinese name: 金三杯酒家 Jin San Bei Jiujia /jin san bay jyoh-jyah/
- Average price per person: 88 yuan
- Opening hours: 10am–8:30pm
- Address: Floor 11, San Lian Appliance, 12 Baotuquan North Road, Lixia District (历下区趵突泉北路12号三联家电11楼)
- Tel: 0531- 8295 0890, 8295 5148
Ju Feng De Restaurant
The restaurant is said to be one of the oldest restaurant serving Shandong style dishes in Ji’nan. Crispy iu Zhuan Da Chang (九转大肠, pig’s large intestines braised in soy sauce), tender stir-fried scalloped pork kidneys (爆炒腰花) and fried crap with sweet and sour sauce (糖醋鲤鱼) are top three dishes there. Roast duck (烤鸭), eight-treasure rice pudding (八宝饭, steamed glutinous rice with bean paste, lotus seeds, preserved fruits and so on), Sixi balls (四喜丸子, braised pork balls in gravy sauce) and Bao San Yang (爆三样, pig’s kidney, pork liver and pork are stir-fried together) are worthy to have a try.
- Chinese name: 聚丰德饭店 Ju Feng De Fandian /jyoo fnng der dan-dyen/
- Average price per person: 58 yuan
- Address: 11 Qujing Five Road, Shizhogn District (市中区经五路11号)
- Tel: 0531-8616 2888
Weishan Lake Fish Restaurant
It is an unique restaurant in Ji’nan, mainly serving various kinds of dishes cooked with freshwater fish. Hei Yu San Chi (黑鱼三吃), literally meaning three ways to eat snakehead (a kind of fish), is a unique dish quite worthy to try. These three ways are: eating the raw fish slices, eating the fish skin made with cold sauce and drinking the fish bone and fish head soup. Other populr dishes are Feng Wei Yu Zha (风味鱼渣, stir-fried carp with minced garlic and pepper, the carp has been removed the bones and skin), duck with lotus fragrance (荷香鸭), pearl-shape fish balls (珍珠鱼丸, made out of grass carp) and fish soup.
- Chinese name: 微山湖鱼馆 Weishan Hu Yu Guan /way-shan hoo yoo gwan/
- Average price per person: 61 yuan
- Address: 212 Minghu Road, Lixia District (历下区明湖路212号)
- Tel: 0531-8608 9898, 8609 0909
It is a really small and simple restaurant. However, it serves pure Xinjiang style dishes (namely Muslim dishes). Braised chicken with potato and green pepper (大盘鸡), Nang Bao Rou (馕包肉, mutton served in Nang cake, a Xinjiang style cake), mutton shashlik (羊肉串), Shou Zhua Rice (手抓饭, rice cooked with mutton, carrots, onions, and eat with hands) and roast fish are all highly recommended by guests having been there.
- Chinese name: 新疆居 Xinjiang Ju /xin-jyang jyoo/
- Average price per person: 33 yuan
- Address: Chinese Brand-Name Snacks City, 34 Jing Eleven Road, Shizhong District (市中区经十一路34号中华名优小吃城内)
- Tel: 0531-8206 6076
Gaodi Street No.56 Restaurant
The restaurant mainly serves typical Cantonese dishes, which has exquisite appearance and fine, smooth and light taste. If you are getting tired of greasy Shandong style dishes, the restaurant should a nice place to change the situation. Shrimp dumplings (虾饺) should top one food. Weever wrapped in tinfoil (锡纸鲈鱼), crispy durian cake (榴莲酥), Shui Guo Lao (水果捞, sliced fruits served with ice), steamed rice with dried meat (腊味煲仔饭), roast pork (叉烧), chicken claws (凤爪), Cantonese style roast duck (广东烧鸭), tart, chicken wings wrapped in tinfoil (锡纸鸡翅) and pumpkin bars with salted egg (咸蛋黄炬南瓜).
- Chinese name: 高第街56号餐厅 Gaodi Jie 56 Hao Canting /gaoww-dee jyeh 56 haoww tsan-ting/
- Average price per person: 56 yuan
- Address: Floor B1, Ganshi Bridge Sanjian Silver Garden, 22 Minsheng Da Street, Shizhong District (市中区民生大街22号杆石桥三箭银苑B1楼)
- Tel: 0531-8206 4567
- Transportation: Take bus 6, 18, 32, 41, 43, 49, 72, 82, 102 or 104 and get off at Ganshi Bridge (杆石桥).
Xinjiang Food Restaurant
If you want to relish mutton shashlik (羊肉串) in Ji’nan, Xinjiang Food Restaurant should be a nice choice. The mutton shashlik there is made out of high-quality mutton. Braised chicken with potato and green pepper (大盘鸡) has quite good puree, guests can use these puree as sauce when eating noodles. Nang Bao Rou (馕包肉, mutton served in Nang cake, a Xinjiang style cake) and Shou Zhua Rice (手抓饭, rice cooked with mutton, carrots, onions, and eat with hands) are also very popular.
- Chinese name: 新疆食府 Xinjiang Shifu /xin-jyang shee-foo/
- Average price per person: 25 yuan
- Address: South of Hongxiang Road and North of Taobao Street, Licheng District (历城区洪翔路南口, 淘宝街北)
Huang Ji Huang
The hot pot restaurant is quite popular in Ji’nan, especially in winter days. The food there is really nice, so as the sauces. White grayling (白茴鱼) hot pot and fresh chicken hot pot (土鸡锅) are two recommended kinds of hot pot. Highly recommended food for eating a hot pot are shrimps (基围虾), beef, chicken wings, bullfrog and sweet potato.
- Chinese name: 黄记煌三汁闷锅 Huang Ji Huang Danzhi Menguo /hwung jee hwung san-jee mnn-gwor/
- Average Price per person: 53 yuan
- Address: Jiefang Road, Lixia District (历下区解放路)
- Tel: 0531-8695 3535, 8695 3636
Chongqing Aunt Qin Hot Pot
Chongqing hop pot is quite famous in China. Chongqing Aunt Qin Hot Pot serves pure Chongqing style hot pot. There are two kinds of hot pot: red spicy one and light one without pepper. Duck blood and rice noodles should be two kinds food very popular for eating hot pot.
- Chinese name: 重庆秦妈火锅 Chongqing Qinma Huoguo /chong-qing qin-ma hwor-gwor/
- Average price per person: 43 yuan
- Address: 80 Jing Eleven Road, Shizhong District (市中区经十一路80号)
- Tel: 0531-81766 6666, 8176 8888
Shunhe Brazil Barbecue
The barbecue restaurant is really good, according to guests having been there. Barbecues of beef tongue, bacon, scallops and salmon are very delicious. Salad, hot dishes, staple food, sea food soup, fruits and beverage are all available. The dinning environment is good, being decorated with unique light-fixtures. Yogurt is the most popular beverage.
- Chinese name: 舜和巴西烤肉 Shun He Baxi Kaorou /shun-her ba-sshee kaoww-roh/
- Average price per person: 87 yuan
- Address: 133 Jing Shi Wei Wu Road, Shizhong District (市中区经十纬五路133号)
- Tel: 0531-8792 3777
The restaurant designed in very comfortable style, and it seems you visit a friend’s living room when you arriving at the restaurant. Being considerately designed, the restaurant is divided into two areas: smoking area and non-smoking area. Many foreign friends go there every day. Customers can choose the ingredients for the pizza they ordered. Deserts and pasta are quite nice.
- Chinese name: 珍妮咖啡 Zhenni Kafei /dsnn-nee ka-fay/
- Average price per person: 75 yuan
- Address: 2-2 Wenhua West Road, Lixia District (历下区文化西路2-2号)
- Tel: 0531-8260 8477, 8260 0214