Jinan Yaoqiang International Airport is located in Yaoqiang Town (遥墙镇), northeast of Jinan City. It is 30 km (19 miles) from the city center, 100 km (62 miles) away from Mount Tai and 170 km (106 miles) away from Qufu City.
It costs about 100 RMB (15 USD) to get to the airport by taxi.
There are flights departing for cities, like Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Guiyang, Haikou, Hangzhou, Harbin, Kunming, Nanchang, Nanjing, Shanghai, Shantou, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Wuhan, Yantai, Zhangjiajie, etc.
How to Get to the Airport
- Shuttle bus line 1: the shuttle bus departs from Jinan Lianyun Railway Station (火车联运车站) every hour from 6:00 to 19:00. The whole trip costs 20 RMB (3 USD), about 1 hour.
- Shuttle bus line 2: the shuttle bus departs from Yuquan Senxin Hotel (玉泉森信大酒店) every hour from 6:00 to 19:00. The whole trip costs 20 RMB (3 USD), about 1 hour.
- Bus: travelers can take public buses No. 309, 10 and 97 to get to the airport.
- Taxi: 100 RMB or so (15 USD)
How to Get to the City Center
- Shuttle buses: travelers can take airport shuttle buses to get to the terminal, Jinan Lianyun Railway Station (火车联运车站). It costs 20 RMB (3 USD).
- Bus: travelers can take city buses No. 309, 10 and 97 from the city center to the airport.
- Taxi: 100 RMB or so (15 USD)
Jinan is served by two railway stations: Jinan Railway Station and Jinan East Railway Station. Jinan Railway Station is the main railway station of Jinan City which can be reached by public buses No. 3, 21 and 83.
Besides the option of purchasing train tickets at the train stations, the visitor may purchase train tickets at alternative Jinan train ticket offices.
There are two major bus stations in Jinan City: Jinan Central Long-distance Bus Station and Jinan East Long-distance Bus Station.
Central Long-Distance Bus Station (长途汽车总站) is situated at No. 131 Jiluo Road (济洛路131号). Public buses No. 4, 5, 12, 35, 72, 84, 111, 114, k50, k53, k57, k68, k90, k92, k95, k107 and k108 arrive at the station. And there are long-distance buses heading to major cities within Shandong Province and in neighbor provinces.
East Long-Distance Bus Station (长途汽车东站)：Travelers can take public buses No. 10, 47, 80, 87, 95, 99, K53, K95 and K50 to reach the station. Long-distance buses departing in the afternoon mainly head to 3 cities outside the province, which are Taiyuan, Puyang and Shijiazhuang, and in the morning to cities within the province, such as Heze, Linyi, Qufu and Tai'an, etc.
There is a bus traveling from Jinan to Tai'an from 6:50 to18:00 every one hour.
The flag-fall price differs from 7 RMB/3 km (1 USD/ 1.8 miles) to 9 RMB/3 km (1.3 USD/ 1.8 miles), according to the taxi you take, afterwards, 1.5 RMB/km (0.4 USD/mile).
There are two types of public buses in Jinan, common buses and K buses. The ticket price of common buses is 1 RMB (0.2 USD) and K buses 2 RMB（0.3 USD）or 3 RMB (0.4 USD).
Three travel lines, Tourist Bus No. 66, K51 and K68, are available, by which you can get to many attractions inside and around the city.