Shenzhen Asian Restaurants - Indian, Thai, Malay
Shenzhen is one of China's wealthiest and most cosmopolitan cities, and has restaurants featuring food from many Asian countries and regions. Among the favorites of foreigners are Indian, Thai, and Vietnamese food.
These restaurants are in Luohu, Futian, and the Seaworld area where tourists and travellers most often go.
Spice Circle - Sea World
This restaurant gets high reviews for northern Indian food, authentic decor, and a large selection including Vegan food. It is in the Sea World area popular with foreigners and has Indian cooks and many Indian customers. It is rated Excellent on TripAdvisor in 2016, #9 of 3,916 Restaurants in Shenzhen.
- Chinese name: 时派圈印度餐厅(太子路店) Shipaiquan Indian Restaurant
- Address: Taizi Hotel (Block B), 5 Taizi Hotel, Nanshan District 南山区蛇口太子路5号太子宾馆B座
- Average Price per person: 120 yuan
- Tel: 0755-8220 2129
Read more about Sea World on Shenzhen Western Restaurants.
Bollywood Indian Restaurant - Futian
Indians especially like this restaurant for its authentic flavor and atmosphere. It is also in a busy easy to reach place in Luohu near the Futian Central Business District near a metro station. This is an area with many Indians who live there or pass through. Rated 24 of 3,913 Restaurants in Shenzhen in 2016.
- Chinese name: 宝莱坞印度餐厅 Baolaiwu Indian Restaurant
- Average price per person: 120 yuan
- Address: 1 Xilong Building, Ren Min Road, Luohu (罗湖区人民南路熙龙大厦三楼2055-1)
- Tel: 755 8222 0370
- Transportation: Take Line 1. It is a two minute walk from Guomao subway station, exit E.
Southeast Asian Restaurants
Yes Tai - COCO Park Mall in Futian District
Yes Thai is in a mall area popular with foreigners and expats (购物公园 in Chinese). It is a large restaurant with tables both inside and outside. They mainly serve Thai dishes and specialize in curries popular with foreigners such as curry crab (咖喱蟹), curry beef (咖喱牛肉), and stir-fired curry shrimp (咖喱炒皇虾). Rated 224 of 3,913 in Shenzhen.
- Chinese name: 鑫海 Xin Hai /sshin heye/
- Average price per person: 150 yuan
- Address: 3/F, COCO Park, 269 Fuhua 3rd Road, Futian District (福田区福华三路269号COCOPark3楼)
- Tel: 0755-25313918
- Transportation: Take Line 1 to Shopping Park Station
Mala Papa - Luohu
The restaurant mainly serves Southeast Asian dishes with rich curry dishes. Highly recommended dishes are Hainan chicken rice (海南鸡饭), Thailand style curry crab (泰式咖喱蟹), curry beef (咖喱牛肉) and vinegar-pepper chicken claw (酸辣凤爪).
- Chinese name: 马拉爸爸 Mala Baba /ma-la ba-ba/
- Average price per person: 80 yuan
- Address: Unit 012, Building B2, Jin’guanghua Square, 2028 Renmin South Road, Luohu District (罗湖区人民南路2028号金光华广场B2楼012号)
- Tel: 0755-8261 1000
- Transportation: Take bus 2, 11, 14, 17, 82, 102, 205, 229, 300A or 300B, and get off at Jin’guanghua Square (金光华广场).
Viets Kitchen - Luohu
Vietnamese fried rice noodles with raw beef (生牛肉河粉), Vietnam spring roll (越南春卷), shrimp cake (金钱虾饼) and Thailand style chicken claw (泰式凤爪) are featured.
- Chinese name: 越厨 Yue Chu /youair choo/
- Average price per person: 39 yuan
- Opening hours: 10:30am–10:30pm
- Address: 3085 Shennan East Road, Luohu (东门深南东路3085号18-19铺 人民医院第一门诊部对面.)
- Transportation: take Line 1 to International Trade Subway Station (国贸地铁站).
Malay Scenery 马来风光 - Luohu
Malaysian cuisine is a mixture of the styles of the countries surrounding it as well as Arabian, Indian, British and Chinese flavors reflecting the country's diverse cultural influences.
- Address: 3085 Shennan Dong Road, Luohu District (罗湖区深南东路3085号骏庭酒店1楼)
- Average Price per person: 42 yuan
- Tel: 0755-8222 0856
Take a Shenzhen Food Tour with China Highlights
Dining well is an important part of touring. Our local guides can give you even more insider recommendations on where and what to eat. Please contact us if you need any information about Shenzhen food or would like us to tailor-make for you a Shenzhen tour.
- 8-Day Grand Cuisine Tour of China - You can include Shenzhen as well.
- The Best Restaurants in Shenzhen - Something for Everyone
- More about Shenzhen food
- The 8 Great Regional Cuisines of China
- The Best 20 Hong Kong Restaurants