How to Cook Congee with Mung Bean
The mung bean is a common coarse cereal. Rich in protein and vitamins, mung beans are considered a kind of healthy food. They have a tremendous ability to remove heat and detoxify the body and are very suitable for cooking in summer. Congee with mung beans is quite popular during the summer.
Ingredients and Seasonings
Main ingredients: 250g rice and 150g mung beans
Seasonings: 20g white sugar
(The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.)
- Wash the rice and mung beans.
- Soak the mung beans for about two hours.
- Boil the mung beans on high in about 1750ml of water.
- After boiling, boil on low for about 30 minutes
- Add rice to the boiling water. Boil on medium for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the white sugar. The congee with mung beans is done!
(Stir the congee while boiling to avoid sticking.)
Travel with China Highlights and Learn to Cook Traditional Chinese Dishes
If you want to learn to cook traditional Chinese dishes, we offer you the opportunity. See our most popular food tours, which offer cooking classes as well as must-see sights.
- The Flavor of China — a 12-Day Beijing, Xi’an, Guilin, and Hong Kong cuisine tour
- A Culinary Adventure — an 8-Day Beijing, Chengdu, and Guangzhou tour
Or you can contact us and we can add the experience of learning to cook Chinese dishes to your China tours.