Dry fried string beans are a home cooked style of Sichuan cuisine. It is a fragrant and spicy dish which is simple to cook. The string beans are rich in protein, unsaturated fatty acids and vitamins. But they also contain toxins and need to be cooked thoroughly to destroy the toxins.
Ingredients and Seasonings
Main ingredients: 500g string beans, 50g lean pork, 8 pieces of garlic and 10 dried chili peppers
Seasonings: 250g cooking oil, 3 teaspoons cooking wine, 1 teaspoon (dark or light)soy sauce, 1 teaspoon salt
(The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.)
1. Remove both ends and the tendons of the string beans. Break them into pieces of about 6cm long. Clean the string beans and drain them thoroughly otherwise, during the dry frying process, the oil will splash.
2. Clean and mince the lean pork and small pieces of garlic. Clean and cut the dried chili peppers into small chunks.
1. Heat the wok with the cooking oil. Put in the string beans and fry them over a high heat until the skins of the string beans are ruffled in order to make sure that they are cooked thoroughly. Pick them out and drain the oil.
2. Leave some oil in the wok. Add the garlic and dried chili peppers and fry them until they are fragrant. Add the minced lean pork and cooking wine and stir-fry them until the pork is dry and crisp.
3. Add the cooked string beans, soy sauce, salt and chicken powder. Stir-fry them for a further 10 seconds.
4. The dry fried string beans are ready. Dish them out!
Travel with China Highlights and Learn to Cook Traditional Chinese Dishes
If you want to learn to cook traditional Chinese dishes, we offer you the opportunity. See our most popular food tours, which offer cooking classes as well as must-see sights.
- The Flavor of China — a 12-Day Beijing, Xi’an, Guilin, and Hong Kong cuisine tour
- A Culinary Adventure— an 8-Day Beijing, Chengdu, and Guangzhou tour
Or you can contact us and we can add the experience of learning to cook Chinese dishes to your China tours.