- Create My Trip
- China Tours +
- Create My Trip
- Destinations +
- Travel Guide +
- China Visas
- The Great Wall of China
- China’s Top 10 Attractions
- Giant Pandas
- The Terracotta Army
- Best of China
- Culture +
- Asia Tours
- Day Tours
- Contact Us
Home style tofu is a salty and slightly spicy taste of Sichuan cuisine. Though it needs many ingredients to give it a good flavor, it is simple to cook. Here is one of the recipes for it.
Main ingredients: 3 squares of dry tofu (about 250g) and 100g lean pork
Seasonings: 1 green pepper, 5 red chilies, 5g salt, 5g ginger, 5g garlic, 5 green onions, 10g light soy sauce, 30g cooking oil
(The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.)
1. Clean and slice the tofu. Cut the tofu diagonally to create triangular tofu slices.
2. Clean and slice the lean pork. Marinate it for about 10 minutes in a marinade made from the light soy sauce, cooking oil, and water.
3. Clean and cut the red chilies, ginger, garlic, and green onion into pieces.
1. Heat the cooking oil a wok over a high heat, then add the tofu slices, and fry both sides until they become golden. Remove them to a plate.
2. Leaving the oil in the wok, add the sliced ginger and garlic, and fry them to release their fragrance.
3. Add the pork and stir-fry until it is 80% cooked.
4. Re-add the fried tofu pieces, and add the salt, red chilies, and water. Cook them for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the chopped green onions and stir fry to finish.
6. Serve it on a plate.
If you want to learn to cook traditional Chinese dishes, we offer you the opportunity. See our most popular food tours, which offer cooking classes as well as must-see sights.
Or you can contact us and we can add the experience of learning to cook Chinese dishes to your China tours.