Vinegar-flavor potato shreds is a "home-style" Chinese dish. It tastes salty, sour and crisp. It is an ideal appetizer, especially in summer. It is simple to cook, but needs patience and skill to shred all of the ingredients.
Ingredients and Seasonings
Main ingredients: 2 large potatoes (400g), 2 green chilies,2 red chilies,and 5 cloves of garlic
Seasonings: 15g white vinegar, a 20g soupspoon of cooking oil, and 3g salt
(The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.)
1. Peel and clean the potatoes. Shred them into threadlike pieces using a very sharp cleaver, traditionally, or a cheese grater for an easier, less-skilled option.
2. Wash the potato shreds twice to remove the starch. Then put the potato shreds into a bowl and soak them with water and half the white vinegar for about 10 minutes.
3. Clean and thinly slice the red chilies and green chilies.
4. Clean and dice the garlic.
5. Drain the potato shreds.
1. Heat the cooking oil in a wok at high heat. Add the sliced garlic and stir-fry until it is fragrant.
2. Add the potato shreds and stir-fry until they change color.
3. Add the rest of the white vinegar, and the chopped chilies and salt, then stir-fry for about 1 minute.
4. The vinegar-flavor potato shreds is finished. Serve it on a plate.
Travel with Us and Learn to Cook Traditional Chinese Dishes
If you want to learn to cook traditional Chinese dishes in China, China Highlights offers you the opportunity. See our most popular food tours, with cooking classes alongside must-see sights:
- The Flavor of China — a 12-Day Beijing, Xi'an, Guilin, and Hong Kong cuisine tour
- A Culinary Adventure — an 8-Day Beijing, Chengdu, and Guangzhou tour
Or you can contact us and we can add the experience of learning to cook Chinese dishes to your very own tailor-made China tour.