- China Tours +
- Create My Trip
- Destinations +
- Travel Guide +
- China Visas
- The Great Wall of China
- China’s Top 10 Attractions
- Giant Pandas
- The Terracotta Army
- Best of China
- Culture +
- Asia Tours
- Day Tours
Sautéed shredded pork with sweet bean sauce is a typical Beijing dish. It's made from pork fillet and sweet bean sauce by the "Sauce Quick-fry" method, which is one of the six unique quick-fry methods of northern China.
Main ingredients: 200g pork fillet
Seasonings: 4 green onions, 250g cooking oil, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon cooking wine, 2teaspoons (tomato) ketchup, 3 teaspoons sweet bean sauce, 1 egg, and some starch.
(The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.)
1. Clean and shred the pork fillet. Starch the shredded pork with the egg white, starch, sesame oil, soy sauce and cooking wine.
2. Clean and shred the green onion.
1. Heat some cooking oil in a wok. Add shredded pork and stir-fry until it changes to a white color. Tip out at once and set aside.
2. Leave some cooking oil in the wok and heat on high heat. Add ketchup, sweet bean sauce and white sugar. Stir-fry on low heat until fragrant and bubbling. Add the shredded pork and quick-fry on high heat until it has cooked thoroughly and absorbed the seasoning.
3. Add the chopped green onions. The sautéed shredded pork with sweet bean sauce is ready. Serve it on a plate.
If you want to learn to cook traditional Chinese dishes, we offer you the opportunity. See our most popular food tours, which offer cooking classes as well as must-see sights.
Or you can contact us and we can add the experience of learning to cook Chinese dishes to your China tours.