Scrambled eggs with tomatoes is a common variation of scrambled eggs. Tomatoes are juicy and sour-sweet in taste. Scrambled eggs with tomatoes is quite nutritional (20–40% of Vitamin A, B, and C RDAs). It is simple to cook and looks good.
Ingredients and Seasonings
Ingredients: 2 tomatoes and 2 eggs
Seasonings: some green onions, 30ml cooking oil, 2g salt, 5g white sugar, some ginger and garlic
(The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.)
1. Clean and dice the tomatoes into chunks.
2. Crack the eggs into a bowl. Whisk the eggs to mix the yolks and egg whites completely with a wire whisk or chopsticks.
3. Clean and chop the green onions. Clean and dice the ginger and garlic.
1. Place a wok over a medium heat and heat the cooking oil, moving the wok so that the middle 25 cm (10”) or so is coated with oil. Add the beaten eggs and stir-fry until they are set and golden. Break the egg mixture into pieces and place onto a plate.
2. Leave some cooking oil in the wok. Put the tomato chunks in and briefly stir-fry. Add the salt and cooking wine, and stir-fry the tomato chunks until they become juicy.
3. Add the cooked eggs and small pieces of green onion in with the tomatoes and stir-fry for a few seconds. Add some white sugar and salt and stir-fry evenly.
4. Serve the scrambled eggs with tomatoes on a plate/dish.
Travel with Us and Learn to Cook Traditional Chinese Dishes
If you want to learn to cook traditional Chinese dishes in China, China Highlights offers you the opportunity. See our most popular food tours, with cooking classes alongside must-see sights:
- The Flavor of China — a 12-Day Beijing, Xi'an, Guilin, and Hong Kong cuisine tour
- A Culinary Adventure — an 8-Day Beijing, Chengdu, and Guangzhou tour
Or you can contact us and we can add the experience of learning to cook Chinese dishes to your very own tailor-made China tour.