Steamed egg custard is a northern Chinese dish. The custard has a yellow appearance and tastes smooth and delicate. It is suitable for both young and old as it can release proteins, is easily digested and can be absorbed by all ages. Moreover, it is easily and quickly cooked.
Ingredients and Seasonings
Main ingredients: 3 eggs and 20g lean pork
Seasonings: 5g cooking oil, 5g soy sauce, 2g salt and 5g green onions
(The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.)
1. Mince the lean pork.
2. Clean and dice the chives into small pieces.
3. Crack eggs into a bowl and beat.
4. Add salt, soy sauce, diced chives and minced meat. Pour in 200ml water and mix thoroughly. Add some cooking oil.
5. Put the bowl into the steamer and steam for about 10 minutes. The steamed egg custard is finished.
Travel with China Highlights and Learn to Cook Traditional Chinese Dishes
If you want to learn to cook traditional Chinese dishes, we offer you the opportunity. See our most popular food tours, which offer cooking classes as well as must-see sights.
- The Flavor of China — a 12-Day Beijing, Xi'an, Guilin, and Hong Kong cuisine tour
- A Culinary Adventure— an 8-Day Beijing, Chengdu, and Guangzhou tour
Or you can contact us and we can add the experience of learning to cook Chinese dishes to your China tours.