Winter melon soup with dried shrimps is a simple and delicious home style of cooking. It involves cooking a delicate winter melon with tasty dried shrimps. It is very suitable for pregnant women. The winter melon is full of water and counteracts the summer heat. The dried shrimps are a good source of calcium for pregnant women.
Ingredients and Seasonings
Main ingredients: 300g winter melon, 15g dried shrimps, 2g green onions
Seasonings: 15g cooked lard, 5g sesame oil, and 4g salt
(The amount of the seasonings listed above can be adjusted according to personal taste.)
1. Clean the dried shrimps and soak them for 5 minutes with hot water. If there are any big ones, dice them into smaller pieces.
2. Peel the winter melon and dice it into pieces.
3. Clean and dice the chives into small pieces.
1. Pour some water and the cooked lard into a pot. Boil the water.
2. Add the winter melon, dried shrimps and salt into the pot. Boil them for about 8 minutes. Add and mix the chives and monosodium glutamate evenly. Pour the sesame oil into the pot.
3. The winter melon soup with dried shrimps is ready. Serve it into a soup bowl.
Travel with China Highlights and Learn to Cook Traditional Chinese Dishes
If you want to learn to cook traditional Chinese dishes, we offer you the opportunity. See our most popular food tours, which offer cooking classes as well as must-see sights.
- The Flavor of China - a 12-Day Beijing, Xi’an, Guilin, and Hong Kong cuisine tour
- A Culinary Adventure - an 8-Day Beijing, Chengdu, and Guangzhou tour
Or you can contact us and we can add the experience of learning to cook Chinese dishes to your China tours.