Mosques in Taiyuan
Taiyuan Ancient Mosque 太原清真古寺
The Taiyuan Ancient Mosque was also called Chongzhen Masque. It was first built in the Zhenyuan Period (785-804), Tang Dynasty(618-907) and rebuilt and enlarged in every dynasty. Now it is one of the well-preserved masques in south of China.
The temple is a two-entrance courtyard, locating in the west and opposite to the east. It covers an area of 2,300 square meters. The major constructions are the main hall, teaching room, Shengxin building, pavillion, bath house, meeting room, imam room and other facilities. The front yard is the Shengxin building with double floors. The prayer hall is in the back yard. It covers an area of 460 square meters and can hold 500 people to do prayer. The temple keeps many censers, inscriptions and inscribed boards of every dynasty, especially Qing Dynasty(1644-1911) and Ming Dynasty(1368-1644) . There are 30 volumes of handwritten Koran.
Address: 48 Jiefang Road, Xinghualing District, Taiyuan, Shanxi (山西省太原市杏花岭区解放路48号)