- China Tours +
- Create My Trip
- Destinations +
- Travel Guide +
- China Visas
- The Great Wall of China
- China’s Top 10 Attractions
- Giant Pandas
- The Terracotta Army
- Best of China
- Trains +
- Asia Tours
- Day Tours
Due to the difference of China Railway system and Hong Kong Railway system, buying train tickets to and from Hong Kong is very different from buying train tickets in Mainland China. And the ways of collecting paper tickets, change and cancellation policies are also different.
There are three ways of purchasing train tickets to and from Hong Kong:
|Way of purchase||How to get paper ticket||Change & cancellation|
|Offline at ticket counters in Mainland China||
Tickets to be delivered to your hotel or address in China around 7 days before departure
1. Before delivery, China Highlights can handle change and cancellation for you. There is a fee charged by China Railway for changing or cancelling tickets.
2. After delivery, we cannot change or cancel tickets for you.
|Booking online with China Railway||
1. Collect tickets at any train station in Mainland China without extra cost.
2. Collect tickets at Hong Kong West Kowloon Station with an extra cost of HKD10-30 per ticket.
1. Before you collect tickets, we can change or cancel the tickets for you.
2. After you collect tickets, you need to change or cancel the tickets yourself at ticket counters with original passports.
3. There is a fee charged by China Railway for changing or cancelling tickets.
|Booking online with Hong Kong Railway||
1. Collect paper tickets at Hong Kong West Kowloon Railway Station.
2. Tickets need to be collected at least 45 minutes before departure.
1. Before you collect tickets, we can change the tickets for you once for free. Once the tickets have been changed, no cancellation or refund are allowed.
2. Before you collect tickets, we can cancel the tickets for you, with an extra service fee of USD20 per booking.
3. After tickets are collected, changes or cancellations can only be made at Hong Kong West Kowloon Station with passengers' original passports.
1. After the tickets are issued, China and Hong Kong Railways only allow changes on train number, seat class and travel date. Departure and arrival stations and passenger information cannot be changed.
2. According to the policies of China Railway and Hong Kong Railway, changes and cancellations should be made more than 30 minutes before departure time. If the departure station stated on your ticket is Hong Kong West Kowloon Station, then changes and cancellations need to be made more than 1 hour in advance.
3. Please send us the change/cancellation request via email at least 48 hours before departure. Please call us in case of emergency.