- China Tours +
- Create My Trip
- Destinations +
- Travel Guide +
- China Visas
- The Great Wall of China
- China’s Top 10 Attractions
- Giant Pandas
- The Terracotta Army
- Best of China
- Trains +
- Asia Tours
- Day Tours
The following 24 phrases should help you break the language barrier while traveling by train in China. They are divided into four sections for easy reference:
Show Chinese people the appropriate characters for what you want if you are not confident with speaking Chinese. Download These Phrases by PDF
Please double-check your train station name, as there could be more than one station in the city.
1. Excuse me, where can I take the bus/metro to the ** train station? (Show your ticket or the Chinese name of the station)
2. Please take me to the ** train station, thanks! (Show your ticket or Chinese name of the station to taxi driver)
3. Excuse me, is there a shuttle bus to the** train station? (at an airport)
4. How long will it take to go to the **train station from here?
5. Where is the ticket office, please?
6. I have made a booking online, where can I collect my tickets?
7. This is my pick up number and passport. I need to collect the ticket. (at the ticket-collecting counter)
8. I missed my train, is it possible to change my ticket for a later train?
9. Which window is for changing ticket?
10. Which window is for ticket refunds?
11. Where is the waiting room for my train, please? (show your ticket)
12. Excuse me, could you tell me where the bathroom is?
13. Will you please help me find a red hat porter?
14. Where is my seat/berth, please? (show your ticket)
15. Excuse me, my companion(s) and I are in separated seats, would you mind changing seats with us?
16. Where is the dining car, please?
17. Would you please tell me where I can find the train conductor please? (for those who lost their tickets after boarding)
18. May I ask if the train is delayed, and when it will reach my destination (show your ticket)?
19. Will you please inform me 10 mins before my arrival, thanks a lot!
20. Where is the exit, please?
21. I have to transit here; which way should I go, please?(show your ticket)
22. Excuse me, where could I deposit my luggage?
23. Excuse me, is there a shuttle bus to the airport please?
24. Where do I go for the bus station / subway station, please?