Wuxi Weather - Best Time to Visit Wuxi
Wuxi is situated in eastern central China, in Jiangsu province, near Suzhou. It has a subtropical monsoon oceanic climate which is temperate and moist. There are only around 19 snowy days/year spread from November through February. Rainfall is very common during the summer.
Most tourist attractions in Wuxi are situated outdoors. Therefore, good weather is necessary for visiting. There are festivals, temples, lakes and gardens all beautiful and worth seeing.
Best Times to Visit — Spring and Autumn
It is best to visit Wuxi when the weather is neither too hot nor too cold, and when there is a low chance that rain will ruin your trip. In the case of Wuxi such a friendly climate can be found in spring (March–May) and fall (September–November). All the main attractions of Wuxi can be visited most comfortably during these time intervals.
Spring — Temperate Climate
The weather is mostly good during this period. Daytime high temperatures are not very high 14–24 °C (57–76°F). The precipitation levels are also not very high ranging from 7 cm (3 in) in March to 9 cm (4 in) in May.
- The Wuxi International Plum Culture Festival (held at Meiyuan Garden in March)
- The Porcelain Art Festival (in May)
Summer — Hot and Humid
During June, July and August the temperatures are high (70 to 86°F) and it is also very rainy with rainfall between 19 and 26 cm (8 to 10 in) so be sure to pack clothes suitable for this type of climate.
Autumn — Temperate Weather
During fall daytime temperatures are neither too high nor too low. They reach on average 14–27°C (61–80°F), and it is not very rainy, 5–9cm (2 to 4 in).
- The Taihu Lake Tourism Festival (at Taihu Lake area from September to October), during which you can purchase authentic Wuxi souvenirs and specialities, such as dark-red enamelled potteries and clay figures.
Winter — Dry and Cold
In winter temperature historically reach around 9°C (33°F) during the day and around freezing at night. These are also the driest months with rainfall of 4–6cm (1–2 in).
- Taibo Temple Fair (held at Meicun Town from February 4 to February 6)
Tour Wuxi with Us to Make the Most of the Weather
- 5-Day Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuxi Tour
- Our experts will be happy to give you a hand to personalise your tour of Wuxi.
Wuxi Average Climate by Month