Xiamen has many good restaurants. Below are some best restaurants for your.
Lujiang Hotel Ocean View Restaurant
Many customers are attracted by the ocean view through the restaurant. Outside seats are the best ones to enjoy the beautiful ocean view which concluded Gulangyu Island. However, the food there is also excellent. The restaurant mainly serves Hong Kong style tea and pastries and some Xiamen style snacks. Shrimp dumplings (虾饺), sea sedge cake (海苔饼), Xuemeiniang wrapped with durian (榴莲雪梅娘, Xuemeiniang is a kind of desert which is made with sticky rice and wrapped with cream or something else inside), shrimp cake (虾饼), fried oyster (海蛎煎), chicken claws (凤爪) and Mianxian paste (面线糊, a kind of Xiamen-style snack and the main ingredient is sweet potato powder and vermicelli) are the most popular kinds of food.
- Chinese name: 鹭江宾馆观海厅 Lujiang Binguan Guanhai Ting /lu-jyang bin-gwan gwan-heye ting/
- Average price per person: 69 yuan
- Opening hours: 8am - 2pm; 5pm - 11pm
- Address: Floor 7, Lujiang Hotel, 54 Lujiang Avenue, Siming District (思明区鹭江道54号鹭江宾馆7楼)
- Tel: 0592-2022 922, 2662668
- Transportation: Take bus 3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 12, 19a, 19b, 27, 32, 51, 71, 97, 99, 503, 504, 505, 506, 509, 526, 528, 531, 533, 803, 806, 812 or Xia2 (厦2) and get off at Haibin Mansion (海滨大厦).
Shuyou Seafood Grand Restaurant
Shuyou Seafood Grand Restaurant should be the best one to relish seafood in Xiamen. There are various kinds of fish, shrimp, crab and scallop. Dishes made with lobsters, scallops or abalones are really delicious and fresh. The most popular snack should be sandworm jerry (土笋冻, a kind of jerry made with sandworms in sand beach). Octopus and goose liver are also worthy to have a try.
- Chinese name: 舒友海鲜大酒楼 Shuyou Haixian Da Jiulou /shu-yoh heye-sshyen daa jyoh-loh/
- Average price per person: 153 yuan
- Address: 97 Hubin North Road, Siming District (思明区湖滨北路97)
- Tel: 0592-5338899, 5033888
There is a branch restaurant in Hubin North Road (湖滨北路).
- Average price per person: 195 yuan
- Address: Floor 1–4, Annex Building of Bank of China Tower, 40 Hubin North Road, Siming District (思明区湖滨北路40号中银大厦裙楼1-4楼(近建业路)
- Tel: 0592-5098888, 5095588
- Transportation: Take bus 12, 26, 31, 36, 72, 85, 87, 88, 522, 805, I5, Xia 36 or Xia 60 and get off at Bank of China in Hubin North Road (滨北中行).
Little Glass Food Stall
It is really a very popular restaurant in Xiamen for the delicious food and the affordable price. Seafood there is fresh and well cooked with keeping the original taste. Sleeve-fish cooked with soy sauce (酱油水鱿鱼) is the most famous dish. Solen (竹蛭), clam (花蛤), sea cucumber (海瓜子), steamed crab (清蒸蟹), fried rice-flour noodles (炒米粉), shrimps (沙虾) and steamed sleeve-fish (清蒸鱿鱼) are highly recommended by customers having been there.
- Chinese name: 小眼镜大排档 Xiao Yanjing Da Paidang /sshaoww yen-jing daa peye-dung/
- Average price per person: 62 yuan
- Opening hours: 11am-2pm and 4:30pm–10pm (from Monday to Friday); 10:30am-2:30pm and 4:30pm11:30pm (during weekends)
- Address: 7 Hubin Middle Road, Siming District (思明区湖滨中路7号)
- Tel: 0592-2054568, 8988835
- Transportation: Take bus 1 and get off at Hubin Road (湖滨路).
The restaurant serves pure Cantonese style dishes. Dishes for dinner are mainly Chaozhou-style dishes, with okay taste. The highlights of Chaofu City restaurant are morning tea, lunch tea and night tea, which are served with exquisite dim sums. The dim sums are made after customers have ordered. The serves might be too busy to offer fast services. Recommended food is shrimp dumplings (虾饺), chicken claws (凤爪), crispy durian cake (榴莲酥), roast young pigeon, steamed vermicelli rolls (肠粉), mango pudding (芒果布丁), minced pork congee with preserved egg (皮蛋瘦肉粥) and barbecued pork pastry (叉烧酥).
- Chinese name: 潮福城 Chao Fu Cheng /tsaoww fu chnng/
- Average price per person: 65 yuan
- Address: Floor 1, Annex Building of Jianye Mansion, 28 Hubin North Road, Siming District (思明区湖滨北路28号建业大厦裙楼1楼
- Tel: 0592-5058688, 5115126-9
Fengyuan Grandmother's House
The restaurant mainly serves pure Thailand-style dishes, such as curry crab (咖喱蟹), roast chicken with lemon leaves (柠檬叶烤鸡), queen tofu (皇后豆腐), dongyin gong soup (冬阴功汤, vinegar-pepper shrimp soup, the "national soup" of Thailand) and tofu cooked with crab meat (蟹粉豆腐). The decoration and the services there are quite good. Outside seats are quite near the ocean, and guests can enjoy the whole view of Gulangyu Island.
- Chinese name: 凤缘外婆家 Fengyuan Waipo Jia /fnng-ywen weye-po jyah/
- Average price per person: 94 yuan
- Address: 33 Lujiang Avenue, Siming District (思明区鹭江道33号)
- Tel: 0592-2032688
Little Sheep Hot Pot
It is a nice place to eat hot pot in winter for its delicious food and affordable price. The soup for hot pot is fresh and great, with variety of ingredients. Recommended dishes for hot pot are beef, mutton, frozen tofu, potato, taro root and sweet potato. Roast mutton cubes on skewers (烤羊肉串) and roast mutton chops (烤羊排) are worthy to relish.
- Chinese name: 小肥羊 Xiao Fei Yang /sshaoww fay yang/
- Average price per person: 51 yuan
- Address: Floor 1-2, 80-82 Hexiang West Road, Siming District (思明区禾祥西路80-82号1-2楼)
- Tel: 0592-2226498
Vegetarian Restaurant In South Potalaka Monastery
The vegetarian dishes are unique in taste. It seems that some dishes are made with meat, but they are pure vegetarian dishes with meat-like characters. Xiangni Cangzhen (香泥藏珍, made with taro root), Buddhist feast (罗汉斋, the main ingredients are vegetables and mushrooms), mashed taro (芋泥) and Putuo vermicelli (普陀粉丝) are several most popular dishes.
- Chinese name: 南普陀素菜 Nanputuo Sucai /nan-putwor su-tseye/
- Average price per person: 49 yuan
- Address: Puzhao Building, South Potalaka Monastery, 515 Siming South Road, Siming District (思明区思明南路515号南普陀寺内普照楼)
- Tel: 0592-2087281, 2085908
The House Restaurant
The restaurant is built with a two-floor villa and a courtyard, being the best western restaurant in Xiamen. The food filled with a cultural shock with a famous city, Los Angeles. Among the various appetizers, fried calamari served with spicy marinara sauce should be the best. Pizza and Caesar salad adding chicken are two popular dishes. Guests can visit its website to check out the menu and detailed information. (Website: http://www.thehousexm.com/ ) In addition, there is a peaceable big dog named Saint Bemard, up to 2011, it is 10 years old, and most customers having been there are all love it very much.
- Chinese name: 老别墅西餐厅 Lao Bieshu Xi Canting /laoww byeh-shu sshee tsan-ting/
- Average price per person: 132 yuan
- Address: 10-1 Baihe Road, Siming District (思明区白鹤路10-1号(中山公园东门对面)
- Tel: 0592-2044358, 2041208