It is a landmark building for Yiwu as an international trade city. It has been hailed as the world's largest professional market by the United Nations, the World Bank and other international organizations, and awarded the honorary title of China's first AAAA-level shopping tourist area by The National Tourism Administration.
It is divided into five sections:
- The first section carries crafts, jewelry, toys and flowers. There are more than 20,000 types of products. It is the largest professional market dealing in crafts and toys.
- The second section sells bags, electronics, hardware, kitchen articles, small appliances, watches, clothing, and so on.
- The third section deals in clothing accessories and other such products.
- The fourth section sells clothing accessories and other such products.
- The fifth section carries imported products, textiles, bedding, and auto accessories.
- The trade city is closed between the first day to the seventh day of the first month of the lunar year during the Spring Festival holiday.
- Most of the shops may only be reserved for wholesale, not retail.
- September and October are the best time to fully appreciate the grand occasion, Yiwu International Commodities Fair.
- Location: The trade city is located in the prosperous Chouzhou Road.
- Travelers at Nanfang Lian can take bus 121 (market shuttle bus) and 122 to the International Trade City.
- Travelers from Bingwang Bus Station can take buses 101, 121 and 122 to the International Trade City, and can also take a taxi, for a fare of 5 yuan.
- Travelers at the train station can take bus Y101 or 801 directly to the International Trade City.
The Top 5 Trade Fairs in China